Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest Dunc?
:lol:

I appreciate that circumstances can channge, but why the f'ck would you have children if you had a household income of less than 20 grand anyways?

14-15K is the bare mimumum on which a single person can live independently IMO. Even that would pay for a 1 bed flat at best. I earn a few grand more than that, but certainly couldn't support a family.

Going through school, I would never have qualified for EMA, but more or less at the same time I left school, my Mum lost her job.

Thankfully, EMA is just SAAS-lite, and the good people at the Student Awards Agency Scotland can't seem to stop giving me money, which is lovely. And much needed.

:lol:

I appreciate that circumstances can channge, but why the f'ck would you have children if you had a household income of less than 20 grand anyways?

14-15K is the bare mimumum on which a single person can live independently IMO. Even that would pay for a 1 bed flat at best. I earn a few grand more than that, but certainly couldn't support a family.

I've got the exact same views on the matter as you. People can do what they want, none of my business etc, but I probably wouldn't even consider having a child until I was in a long term relationship (probably 5 years +) and we had a joint income of £40,000+.

I also hate how people complain about having a low paid job. The same people are always the sort who like to try and blame the goverment and the like for their misfortune. IT YOUR OWN FAULT YOU HAVE A SHIT JOB. SHUT UP OR f**k OFF.

Edited by Fudge

Going through school, I would never have qualified for EMA, but more or less at the same time I left school, my Mum lost her job.

Thankfully, EMA is just SAAS-lite, and the good people at the Student Awards Agency Scotland can't seem to stop giving me money, which is lovely. And much needed.

As I say, circumstances can change, and that's where the state has a duty to provide support.

I've got the exact same views on the matter as you. People can do what they want, none of my business etc, but I probably wouldn't even consider having a child until I was in a long term relationship (probably 5 years +) and we had a joint income of £40,000+.

I also hate how people complain about having a low paid job. The same people are always the sort who like to try and blame the goverment and the like for their misfortune. IT YOUR OWN FAULT YOU HAVE A SHIT JOB. SHUT UP OR f**k OFF.

Absolutely. I'd say that a joint income of 40 grand is the bare minumum on with you could give children a decent quality of life nowadays.

Folk seem to view having children as a right. With rights come responsibilities, so if you can't provide a stable, comfortable home for them, then don't f'cking bother.

I'd take you to task on the last point though. I know pleny of folk better qualified than I who have shitty jobs. People were sold on the idea that a degree, any degree, would be their passport to riches. That misconcpetion is the fault of the government.

Edited by wearealldoomed

b*****d neighbours again. I'm not even playing any music!

You're off soon anyway, just have a big f**k off party tonight and give them a reason to complain.

Amongst my Spotify searches from Friday night was "Niel Yeuhg" or similar. There should be pished search option that suggests the artist whose name you're attempting to type.

I had a few incidents trying to search for bands up at my mates on Friday as well. It got to the point where she just took the laptop off me and I had to dictate. Saying that, I still don't think that worked.

People that are just permanantly upset on MSN. Fair enough if you're upset but you don't have to have that supid wee face, a thumbs down and a sad face in your name all the fucking time.

The worst ones are the attention seeking b*****ds who change their name to "no one talks to me", or "im so alone". f**k off. They always sign in and out so that people know they're online as well.

As I say, circumstances can change, and that's where the state has a duty to provide support.

Absolutely. I'd say that a joint income of 40 grand is the bare minumum on with you could give children a decent quality of life nowadays.

Folk seem to view having children as a right. With rights come responsibilities, so if you can't provide a stable, comfortable home for them, then don't f'cking bother.

I'd take you to task on the last point though. I know pleny of folk better qualified than I who have shitty jobs. People were sold on the idea that a degree, any degree, would be their passport to riches. That misconcpetion is the fault of the government.

I think if you ever believed that any degree was a passport to riches then you are a fool, regardless of what the government told you. Before I went to uni I did some research. A study had been done to find out that after 6 months of graduation, students with which degree were most likely to have degree based graduate job. Geography came 2nd on the list, which is partly why I chose it.

I'm really not driven by money myself. I'd like to earn approx £25,000 a year in a job I enjoyed which would be enough to see me through life. I know I can supplement this income with £10,000 a year tax free (probably up to £20,000) a year by trading on football betting markets pre match.

Call me arrogant, but I think I'm too clever (not specifically in an academic sense) to ever really be struggling.

We're just below that and I'd say much less and you'd struggle. Two days a week at nursery is £258 quid a month for a start. Fair enough I'm also paying a huge chunk out to get a tiny bit of debt paid off in 12 months.

I could potentially earn more but I'd have to work in Glasgow so I forfeit the couple extra grand (aprox 1k of which would e spent on travel) to have something a bit closer to home.

I'd also think carefully about how many I could afford but it is those in society who believe they are owed something for nothing who aren't so considerate.

You have to pay for nursery?

Christ, I always just assumed that like school it was free and funded by tax payers money!

You get a funded place for 3-5 year olds pre school. However I dont' want the wee one to be the sole focus of grandparents attention all the time and feel that he needs the socailisation and experience that nursery brings him so that basically he doesn't become a spoilt wee shite! You can get tax credits for childcare however we don't qualify.

Seeing that the SNP have tightened the EMA a bit makes me sad that I agree with something they've done. I think that brings the total to 4 now.

I don't like agreeing with people/groups I dislike :(

Edited by Michael W

I had a few incidents trying to search for bands up at my mates on Friday as well. It got to the point where she just took the laptop off me and I had to dictate. Saying that, I still don't think that worked.

That sounds like a good deal. Maybe there's a use for women after all.

:ph34r:

I think if you ever believed that any degree was a passport to riches then you are a fool, regardless of what the government told you. Before I went to uni I did some research. A study had been done to find out that after 6 months of graduation, students with which degree were most likely to have degree based graduate job. Geography came 2nd on the list, which is partly why I chose it.

I'm really not driven by money myself. I'd like to earn approx £25,000 a year in a job I enjoyed which would be enough to see me through life. I know I can supplement this income with £10,000 a year tax free (probably up to £20,000) a year by trading on football betting markets pre match.

Call me arrogant, but I think I'm too clever (not specifically in an academic sense) to ever really be struggling.

In England and Wales more than up here, the Government really push uni. There are glossy adverts all over the papers, public tansport and the telly suggesting that a degree is something all the cool kids have.

I doubt that many prospective students put in the research you describe, given the number working in unskilled jobs. This was the case long before the recession hit, as a result of the insane target of having 50% of school leavers in higher education.

We're just below that and I'd say much less and you'd struggle. Two days a week at nursery is £258 quid a month for a start. Fair enough I'm also paying a huge chunk out to get a tiny bit of debt paid off in 12 months.

I could potentially earn more but I'd have to work in Glasgow so I forfeit the couple extra grand (aprox 1k of which would e spent on travel) to have something a bit closer to home.

I'd also think carefully about how many I could afford but it is those in society who believe they are owed something for nothing who aren't so considerate.

The last paragraph is bang on. Working folk on modest incomes are faced with these decisions whereas the dregs have no such concerns.

Edited by wearealldoomed

Sounds like a classic case of the AIDS to me.

nah, i don't think it's aids :lol:

Could be anemia, or just bad circulation. Doctor time methinks. :blink:

could be.

tried getting a doctor's appointment today but it had no available appointments for today

at 5 past 9 in the morning :huh:

In England and Wales more than up here, the Government really push uni. There are glossy adverts all over the papers, public tansport and the telly suggesting that a degree is something all the cool kids have.

Really? By Vectrons beard, I would say that apprenticeships and vocational training schemes are advertised far, far more up here that uni ever is. We're obviously doing things wrong, and should be listening to our English superiors more. For Vectron!