Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Annan and QOS burst ma coupon, otherwise I could have been on for a £17.24 win! :angry:

Dumfries and Galloway sheep-molesting barstards! <_<:rolleyes:

I feel your pain. I had £5 on a six team accumulator on Saturday. I had marked down wins for Stoke City, Rangers, Brechin City, Stirling Albion, Forfar Athletic and Queen of the South... and every result came up with the exception of Queens, who conceded an 80th minute equaliser at Airdrie.

I would have won £144.28 as well.

Very regrettable.

QoS did me out of about £40 or something last year, on a 7 team accumulator. b*****ds. :( I only ever put on 50p or £1 on accumulators, so it's not like I lost a lot, it was the fact that they lost by 4 goals that pissed me off.

QoS did me out of about £40 or something last year, on a 7 team accumulator. b*****ds. :( I only ever put on 50p or £1 on accumulators, so it's not like I lost a lot, it was the fact that they lost by 4 goals that pissed me off.

As soon as I left the bookmakers, I thought I had made a mistake adding them to my line. They've lost their two best players over the summer and are decent at best.

I shan't be adding them to my accumulators again.

As soon as I left the bookmakers, I thought I had made a mistake adding them to my line. They've lost their two best players over the summer and are decent at best.

I shan't be adding them to my accumulators again.

After that, I wouldn't again either. Same with Liverpool. I picked them once, and they were the only team I had that lost, and I vowed never to pick them again. It was some time after that I'd forgotten my vow and picked them. Again, they were the only team to not win.

Guest The Phoenix
The phrase "Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater."

When was the last time you even heard of someone throwing out the bathwater.

Despite not being born until marginally later than the period this comes from, I actually knew this saying kicked off in the 16th Century

Most people got married in June because they took their yearly bath in May and still smelled pretty good by June. However, they were starting to smell, so brides carried a bouquet of flowers to hide the body odor. Baths consisted of a big tub filled with hot water. The man of the house had the privilege of the nice clean water, then all the other sons and men, then the women and finally the children--last of all the babies. By then the water was so dirty you could actually lose someone in it -- hence the saying, "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water."

Allegedly the annual bath policy still applies in parts of Fife. ;)

On the subject of burst accumulators, two seasons ago I had a six-teamer that was burst by Liverpool losing at home to Barnsley in the F.A. Cup. That was a sair yin.

Barnsley?! :o Feckin' Barnsley?! :huh:

I'd say 'a sair yin' was a massive understatment! :(