Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My Christmas was looking so good this year. I was going to go to Ireland as we usually do to see family and do the nice big family Christmas dinner. Then it was a trip to Belfast to see my dad and granny, as well as a night out in Belfast with friends from uni. Now my mum's turned around and said we aren't going and will just spend it in Edinburgh because she doesn't really have money for flights, which I know isn't the real reason. I'm so pissed off it's unreal.

Despite her fucking up my christmas she'll be assuming that I'll be home for the Christmas period, but I'm not having it this year. I'll come home on the 24th and go back to Glasgow early on the 26th, even if I'm in a city where everybody I know is away home for a few weeks. Going to be one shite Christmas. sad.gif

You know, Christmas isn't compulsory! You don't have to spend it with your family if you don't want to.

The Ashes. I couldn't care less about cricket so stop shoving it in my face once every couple of years.

The Ashes are on? That's news to me. Other than a billboard with a massive advert on it that I walk past everytime I go the Queen Street station, I haven't seen much advertised let alone shoved into my face.

My Christmas was looking so good this year. I was going to go to Ireland as we usually do to see family and do the nice big family Christmas dinner. Then it was a trip to Belfast to see my dad and granny, as well as a night out in Belfast with friends from uni. Now my mum's turned around and said we aren't going and will just spend it in Edinburgh because she doesn't really have money for flights, which I know isn't the real reason. I'm so pissed off it's unreal.

Despite her fucking up my christmas she'll be assuming that I'll be home for the Christmas period, but I'm not having it this year. I'll come home on the 24th and go back to Glasgow early on the 26th, even if I'm in a city where everybody I know is away home for a few weeks. Going to be one shite Christmas. sad.gif

Have you ever considered that your Mum may want to just have a nice quiet Christmas at home with her family here? Must be stressful getting everying sorted for going away at Christmas.

So, in short, stop thinking about yourself and think about your Mum.

Walked to Kirky Main street in the snow hardly feeling my feet. Waited half an hour for a bus, got on the bus eventually with it being 20 mins late. Bus took about 40 mins to get here at 10mph.

I make that effort to come in for there to be 4 other people there. FUCKING 4. FML.

Walked to Kirky Main street in the snow hardly feeling my feet. Waited half an hour for a bus, got on the bus eventually with it being 20 mins late. Bus took about 40 mins to get here at 10mph.

I make that effort to come in for there to be 4 other people there. FUCKING 4. FML.

Similar story for me. Stood waiting for a bus for near enough 30 minutes and it was pretty full by the time I managed to get on. As we got to the Trongate, I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that there was around 80 people on the single decker bus.

Only 6 out of 18 people have bothered coming in today. The lecturer didn't bother her arse getting in either! Still, because I came in I found out that I passed two of my assessments meaning that I don't need to come in again until next Monday! :D

Similar story for me. Stood waiting for a bus for near enough 30 minutes and it was pretty full by the time I managed to get on. As we got to the Trongate, I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that there was around 80 people on the single decker bus.

Only 6 out of 18 people have bothered coming in today. The lecturer didn't bother her arse getting in either! Still, because I came in I found out that I passed two of my assessments meaning that I don't need to come in again until next Monday! :D

You'll be a grand wazir, or whatever, at the old chess at this rate.

I hope you stamped your feet and shouted at the top of your voice that you hate her.

Seriously man, Just spend a good Christmas with your Mum and make long phone calls to the folk that you can't see personally. The only person that'll make it a shite Christmas is yourself with your 'woe is me' attitude.

Sorry to be a preachy ersehole but if there is not very much you can do about the situation, try and make the best of the situation that you face.

The Raith game vs Dundee has been postponed again. I wouldn't have been able to make the match but I'd rather miss it and it went ahead than waiting and seeing it with the club missing out on income. What really frustrates me is the fact that the game could have been played on saturday when the conditions were fine. The SFA referees have proved absolutely nothing through their strike, in fact, they'll be prone to getting more abuse now if anything.

While I have sympathy for the pressure that the referees are put under, they surely could have waited for a better time to strike rather than last weekend. dry.gif

'Do you have anything smaller than a fifty?'

No I like to pay for all my single bottles of Aquarius with crisp 50€ notes, but seeing as you insisted on smaller change, I happen to have the exact €1.20 right in my front pocket after all!

Seriously, what a fucking stupid question to ask.

No I like to pay for all my single bottles of Aquarius with crisp 50€ notes, but seeing as you insisted on smaller change, I happen to have the exact €1.20 right in my front pocket after all!

I absolutely despise that.

"Anything smaller than a twenty?"

"Yes, although I'll just give you a twenty so I'm left with mounts of change in my pocket."

Utter cretins.

I absolutely despise that.

"Anything smaller than a twenty?"

"Yes, although I'll just give you a twenty so I'm left with mounts of change in my pocket."

Utter cretins.

Ever thought it's because the shopkeeper doesn't have any change, or that by giving you all their change it'll wipe out all of theirs for the rest of the day?

Ever thought it's because the shopkeeper doesn't have any change, or that by giving you all their change it'll wipe out all of theirs for the rest of the day?

She took the fifty, opened the till and must have had at least 200€ worth of change insides, 20s, 10s the lot. It wasn't a wee corner shop - it'd be the Dutch equivalent to Superdrug or something.

And I can't think of anyone who purposely hands over a fifty for an insignificant sum and doesn't check to see if they have enough small change first.

Edited by vikingTON