Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I lost 2 days holiday leave to this white shite, meaning I wont get my fortnight off. Cleared the snow from my drive both yesterday(which got redecorated in four inches last night), and again today with the snow starting to freeze on top, and will probably be covered over again tonight.

Pissed off. Can't get my money back on a hotel room even though I don't need it and it isn't my fault I don't need it (booked for a gig which was cancelled as the singer took ill).

Why do hotels have such rules? Paying £70 for a room I am not even gonna sleep in? What a fucking joke. Can't even amend it so I can use it for another date.

Pissed off. Can't get my money back on a hotel room even though I don't need it and it isn't my fault I don't need it (booked for a gig which was cancelled as the singer took ill).

Why do hotels have such rules? Paying £70 for a room I am not even gonna sleep in? What a fucking joke. Can't even amend it so I can use it for another date.

Because if they hadn't reserved the room for you they may have been able to sell it to someone else?

They would usually have a 24 hour free cancellation policy though.

Because if they hadn't reserved the room for you they may have been able to sell it to someone else?

They would usually have a 24 hour free cancellation policy though.

I understand that but if I phone up and say that I don't need it, then they should be able to offer it to someone else. Just annoying that they are taking £70 off me and I am going nowhere near their hotel and they aren't doing anything for me. Can't seem to justify that!

As much as I'm loving the days off school, I'm getting really bored of staying in all day with the only thing to do is shovel a driveway. Want to try and risk getting into Glasgow tommorow and spend money (i hate having money and not being able to spend it).

Last year (well January of this year) when the snow was bad in Inverness (there was 3 or 4 inches on the road in our street of compacted snow covered in ice, which made a journey back from the shops in the car good fun) my brother and I had a day off. My step-dad took us out and we spent 4 hours shoveling said snow/ice of the road in our street (well from our house down to the end of the street). Twas good fun and satisfying work by the end of it.

My mum bought best of both bread mad.gif

You're lucky. I sent the selfish old bitch for a few cans about 7 o'clock last night and she's not bothered to come back yet.

Twas good fun and satisfying work by the end of it.

"twas"? Is this fucking Shakespeare?

Who says twas for fucksake?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson