Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People who have tap water in their house to drink absolutely astonish me, what is the point, especially when the tap water is much much better than the stale tasting bottled water?! :huh:

I know what you mean, people with tap water in their house astonish me as well.

1349895825[/url]' post='6701611']

I find the tap water in Glasgow to be quite shit...

I love it how Tennents pint glasses have something about "from the waters of Loch Katrine" - basically glorifying the local tap water which comes from that loch / reservoir. Class.

Not quite as good as Dasani bottling and selling English tap water though. Gutsy isn't the word.

The water in my old flat was horrible and we were advised not to drink it, but where we live now it's a lot better. Nothing compared to when I'm up at my aunt's though, near Oban. They get it from the stream that flows no more than 20 metres from their house.

The water in my old flat was horrible and we were advised not to drink it, but where we live now it's a lot better. Nothing compared to when I'm up at my aunt's though, near Oban. They get it from the stream that flows no more than 20 metres from their house.

Is that the burn with the dead sheep in it further up the hill? :ph34r:

Haha. If you ever get the chance, bring up Dasani with a coke employee. They love that.

or any supermarket employee who had to 'dispose' of the stock <_<

oh and i'd love to thank the new mot for my glorious failure...

ball joint dust covers..

How the outside lane of a road is called the 'inside lane'. The inside one is surely the lane closest to the middle barrier (the name of which escapes me just now)? Anything else is just daft.

The central reservation.

I was talking to a guy at work on Monday who called it the "middle reservoir". I don't even think it was a slip of the tongue, I reckon he genuinely thinks that's what it's called.

I work beside some right thick c***s.

How the outside lane of a road is called the 'inside lane'. The inside one is surely the lane closest to the middle barrier (the name of which escapes me just now)? Anything else is just daft.

Is it?

I've always assumed that the inside lane is the lane closest to the central reservation.

Is it?

I've always assumed that the inside lane is the lane closest to the central reservation.

From wiki (hence gospel):

The official British Highway Code uses the term right hand lane, due to right hand drive (driving on the left). Unofficially, the overtaking lane is also called the outer or outside lane, since the edge of the road nearer to the verge (or nearer the hard shoulder, if there is one) is considered "inside" the other lanes.