Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Oh and while im at it. Stirling. Thistle Centre. I drive a car not a fecking tank. Where did you get those ranps from?

Since we're on the subject.....

4x4 Drivers who crawl at 2mph over speed bumbs...... You're driving a fking landrover - surely it can handle a speed bump ? I drive a company car ( so maybe it's fair to say I don't give a sh1t about driving over them ) but got caught behind a 4x4 driver today going up a long road full of them.... took ages !!!

In Asda for the first time in ages to get a make your own pizza - when did it become so scummy and overrun by cretins?

Anyway waiting in the queue and they have three staff on yet they're standing around holding pizza's having a chat. And then some arsehole in front of me is asked what he wants on his and he stands there looking at the board making his mind up. You've stood in a queue for five minutes knowing you're going to asked.

Me and my flatmate a have moved home to work over the summer so haven't been at the flat for a month or so. Went back up to find that one of them has left a bowl of fruit that has gone off and attracted fruit flies of which there are now fucking millions swarming all over the place. Same guy consistently leaves food to go mouldy and stinks the place out consistently but this is a step too far.

Every World Cup match thread being hijacked by the "bet in play now" brigade. I would quite like to talk about the match itself rather than the inevitable repossession of your home as a result of you throwing money away like an eejit.

If you're betting on every single match in the tournament you have a fucking problem, and need to seek help immediately.

Every World Cup match thread being hijacked by the "bet in play now" brigade. I would quite like to talk about the match itself rather than the inevitable repossession of your home as a result of you throwing money away like an eejit.

If you're betting on every single match in the tournament you have a fucking problem, and need to seek help immediately.

I'm guilty of this, and apologise. The minimum bet with the bookies I use is 10p, so you could quite easily bet on every game, group winners, finalists etc for short of £20. I do agree though, gambling talk should stick to the gambling sub-forum. I very rarely do live betting because I'm wary of chasing a bad bet with more money, but thinking about your bets during a game does take your mind off just enjoying the football. Tempted to bung the rest of my bets in now, hide them, and wait till the final to see how badly I've done.

Not even had as much as a text today from my kids,hmm wonder what would happen if I forgot a birthday or two????

They'll be waiting to see what presents you brought back from holiday.

(Did you mention you were on holiday? Could be wrong.:P )

I'm guilty of this, and apologise. The minimum bet with the bookies I use is 10p, so you could quite easily bet on every game, group winners, finalists etc for short of £20. I do agree though, gambling talk should stick to the gambling sub-forum. I very rarely do live betting because I'm wary of chasing a bad bet with more money, but thinking about your bets during a game does take your mind off just enjoying the football. Tempted to bung the rest of my bets in now, hide them, and wait till the final to see how badly I've done.

You don't need to apologise to me. Makes no odds to me (pun intended) what the P+B community do. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a wee bet now and then as I can understand the appeal but there are definitely some posters who are going completely mental with the gambling at the moment, and every match thread is just people talking about how much they put down on a team and what odds they got. As you say, there's a sub-forum for this shite and it should be used.

You should only be allowed to comment if you have won a shit load of money and are inviting all of P&B out for a beer.

You don't need to apologise to me. Makes no odds to me (pun intended) what the P+B community do. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a wee bet now and then as I can understand the appeal but there are definitely some posters who are going completely mental with the gambling at the moment, and every match thread is just people talking about how much they put down on a team and what odds they got. As you say, there's a sub-forum for this shite and it should be used.

I sympathise and have been trying think how it could be sorted. The mods would have to get involved, and some duplication of topics. The France game topic is all about betting at the moment, and I had to gag myself from joining in. A temporary rule for the World Cup would do, I would have thought.

Tried to start a topic on the Gambling forum to lure a few away from the pure football stuff, but it was deleted. No idea why.

Edited by welshbairn

The amount of pundits at this world cup.

Seriously, why so many?! There is absolutely no need to have 4 folk in the studio. In all honesty I don't think there is any need for more than 1. You just need a guy to be there 5 minutes before kick off to introduce the game and let us know of any injuries or suspensions etc. Who actually listens to what these fuds have to say anyway? Sky Plus was invented to fast forward these tossers on Match of the Day.

I never turn the programme on until kick-off, at half-time I'll flick onto something else and I'll never listen to what they say at the end. Do the folk at the top really think we care what this lot have to say? It annoys me mainly due to the wages these arseholes will be raking it in as well as their expenses to get over there and stay over there, and the BBC have a cheek to plead poverty?! And with today's technology, why do they even need to be over there? They don't. The commentator yes, but the folk in the studio could do the exact same job in a studio in London. They watch the game on a tv, just like us anyway ffs!

Then you have the folk that ARE there. Ferdinand, Lennon, Ian Wright. Seriously?! Ferdinand and Wright haven't quite grasped the English language yet and Lennon is just Lennon, no one wants to hear what he has to say.

Then you have the commentary. How that pr*ck of a man Lawrenson has been given a microphone for so long is beyond me. He does nothing but criticise everything and everyone, he is boring as f*ck, and don't even get me started on him when he is commentating on an England game, the most biased commentator going. And whoever the genius was that allowed Phil Neville near the commentators box should be tied to a chair in a dark room and played Neville's commentary over and over again until he requires men in white jackets to carry him out of the place; then he might have an idea of how it felt to be viewers the other night. I thought Gary was terrible, by f*ck Phil really does like to show his brother that he is worse than him at everything!

While we are on the topic of commentators, an 'Analyser' is another job that's not required. The Ivory Coast game featured a commentator on his lonesome and he did the job fine. At no point did I think "By f*ck this game is screaming out for someone to analyse the action". Another waste of a wage, get it chopped!

Long may there be goals and cider at this tournament or I might end up breaking my tv :wacko:

Tried to start a topic on the Gambling forum to lure a few away from the pure football stuff, but it was deleted. No idea why.

Since my original post it's actually gotten really bad now. Germany v Portugal is a fucking pisstake of a thread at the moment.

"Too good to turn down" is a brilliant saying. The trademark phrase of an utter addict.

Since my original post it's actually gotten really bad now. Germany v Portugal is a fucking pisstake of a thread at the moment.

"Too good to turn down" is a brilliant saying. The trademark phrase of an utter addict.

It's almost as if some people are doing it on purpose now that they know it winds you up.