Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The 'messagemaker' in my local chip shop's front window (black electronic sign thing which would normally have scrolling red letters). For the year and a bit since I moved house, it's always been turned on every night but simply still says 'messagemaker' (what I presume is the default). Can't they just put any message of some description in it??!

Student nurses. Never have I known such a bunch of argumentative, entitled, precious little flowers in my life.

Nursing is a reasonably well paid and respected profession that obviously requires dedication and intelligence.

It always shocked me the amount of relatively unintelligent girls who leave school to start a nursing degree. It seems like a default stereotypical choice if you're above 'childcare'. I can't imagine many of them make it past first year because nursing sounds about 400 times more difficult than anything I faced at uni.

The advert for the otherwise charming looking programme 'Educating the East End'. When the wee guy in the hat sticks his phone in the book, and says to his classmates, "Do you might like this page? Hey, do you might like this page?"

Makes me angrier than it probably should. Like this patter i see predominantly English people using on Twitter, "Last night was jokes!" It doesn't work! The tenses are all wrong!

Nursing is a reasonably well paid and respected profession that obviously requires dedication and intelligence.

It always shocked me the amount of relatively unintelligent girls who leave school to start a nursing degree. It seems like a default stereotypical choice if you're above 'childcare'. I can't imagine many of them make it past first year because nursing sounds about 400 times more difficult than anything I faced at uni.

That opens up the whole debate about whether nursing has gained a lot of academic credibility but lost some compassion along the way...

The advert for the otherwise charming looking programme 'Educating the East End'. When the wee guy in the hat sticks his phone in the book, and says to his classmates, "Do you might like this page? Hey, do you might like this page?"

Makes me angrier than it probably should. Like this patter i see predominantly English people using on Twitter, "Last night was jokes!" It doesn't work! The tenses are all wrong!

Another version of this that seems to be the domain of the English is "bias" instead of "biased" IE "the cakes I made are great, but I'm bias" and "draws" instead of "drawers" IE "I put your socks in the draws". Idiotic and infuriating.

Saw a couple of American tourists take a picture of the Apple store in Buchanan St yesterday. Not even the building , just the door bit. Are they surprised that Scotland has one of these* ?

*ETA : An apple store , not a door.

Edited by saint dave

Saw a couple of American tourists take a picture of the Apple store in Buchanan St yesterday. Not even the building , just the door bit. Are they surprised that Scotland has one of these* ?

*ETA : An apple store , not a door.

A few years ago I was in America with my american football team at the time. We visited a middle school, and some of the questions the kids asked were outrageous:

"Do you have planes in Scotland?"

"Do you have electricity in Scotland?"

"If you call a vacation a holiday, what do you guys call Christmas?"

Were some of the gems.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Watching Celebrity Masterchef, and John Torode keeps calling Margi Clarke "mate". Now this might well understandably be to fend off any unwanted advances from her, but in general I think it sounds weird a guy calling a girl "mate". I'm pally with a lot of girls, but I would never refer to them as that.

I even think it sounds weird when girls call each other "mate"!

Probably just me.

Edited by Gall09