Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Kinda similar to a petty thing that gets me. "NO DOGS ALLOWED except guide dogs" Why put that there?! Surely we live in a society where we are all aware some people require a guide dog. It would be a sad state of affairs if someone really complained about a guide dog in a shop.

You think?

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/oct/17/blind-student-banned-from-tesco-for-taking-in-guide-dog

A blind student was reduced to tears when she was refused service in a Tesco store for taking in her guide dog. Maya Makri, 39, was “horrified” on Monday when a cashier at a Tesco store in Swiss Cottage, London, told her that “pets are not allowed”.

Makri says staff refused to acknowledge that her black Labrador Jemma was not a pet, despite the fact she was wearing a fluorescent high-viz jacket and harness labelled “guide dog”

Kinda similar to a petty thing that gets me. "NO DOGS ALLOWED except guide dogs" Why put that there?! Surely we live in a society where we are all aware some people require a guide dog. It would be a sad state of affairs if someone really complained about a guide dog in a shop. Another side to it makes me think there is a right sadistic funker making these signs. A large chunk of folk with guide dogs wouldn't be capable of reading the fecking sign anyway!

The wife has a service dog that's helping her learn to walk again, and yes, I can confirm that the signs are necessary for some.

Fucking self checkouts.

*beep* do you have your own bags?

*pushes button to indicate yes*

You then proceed to scan your items and at the finish it asks you how many bags you have bought, there aren't any bags there to use you stupid electronic c**t, so how could I have used them?

Quiz shows where the player is told that they have scored 4 points out of a possible 4 but the host still goes though the following process to kill time:

The question was "Cullen Skink is a type of soup found in Scotland". You said True. The answer iiiiiiiiiisssss.... True! Well done.

No shit.

I tweeted exactly this yesterday! He actually waits in suspense for it turning green before announcing it!

:lol:

What is it you do?

With those hours? Some questions are best not asked, lest ye receive an answer :mellow:

Phipy would be apoplectic.

Only if someone had wood and came at 06:57.

Maybe he covers the day shift :o

Edit: I can't type.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

:lol:

What is it you do?

Work in a hotel for functions primarily, either serving tables or at the bar, but I also cover night-shifts doing either reception work or as a night porter. Stupidly, I put my name down for both, so I'm working 21:30-07:00, 16:00-07:00 (+1hr) and 16:00-07:00 this weekend.

So you can get on it when there's a constant flow of traffic from the right.

Aye - I was probably stretching the boundaries of a petty complaint.

In my defense though my gripe comes from having to repeatedly navigate the new 'improved' version of Earl's Gates roundabout in Grangemouith, a roundabout I never, ever had any difficulty with in the past but one I'm now stopped on 3 or 4 times on each occasion when driving from Falkirk to Grangemouth ... you actually get snarl ups during the day now because of the new system !!

I think the entire exercise was an attempt to 'rescue' those utter bellends who used to sit for fucking ages waiting on a telegram or something to tell them they could exit the McDonalds slip !!

C*nts !!

Fucking self checkouts.

You then proceed to scan your items and at the finish it asks you how many bags you have bought, there aren't any bags there to use you stupid electronic c**t, so how could I have used them?

My gripe with them is the self-serve ones in Asda that have a conveyor at them - for some reason folk can't compute that they don't have to empty the basket onto the conveyor first ... they can simply take each item out of the basket one at a time, scan it, and stick it in a bag.

Aye - I was probably stretching the boundaries of a petty complaint.

In my defense though my gripe comes from having to repeatedly navigate the new 'improved' version of Earl's Gates roundabout in Grangemouith, a roundabout I never, ever had any difficulty with in the past but one I'm now stopped on 3 or 4 times on each occasion when driving from Falkirk to Grangemouth ... you actually get snarl ups during the day now because of the new system !!

I think the entire exercise was an attempt to 'rescue' those utter bellends who used to sit for fucking ages waiting on a telegram or something to tell them they could exit the McDonalds slip !!

C*nts !!

Wow, they've put lights on that one? I can't think of an easier roundabout to navigate :blink:

Unless traffic has increased massively in the past couple of years, that seems completely unnecessary.

Fucking self checkouts.

They'll have 'upgraded' the software again now that the carrier bag charging has kicked in.

Remember what a fucking mess those things were when the supermarkets first put them in? You basically needed a cashier with you during the whole process anyway. Bleeping and error messages every time you scanned an item :rolleyes:

Fucking self checkouts.

Good point. People obviously can't be trusted to pay 5p per bag, so there are none there.

You need to find someone to bring you bags, meaning that self-service is now less handy than going to a manned till.

What is the actual point of haymarket train st?

Always seems busy enough. Used to get off there myself sometimes when I had a girlfriend in Edinburgh.

Fill yer boots, folks.

Fucking self checkouts.

Similar

*beep* please place bags in bagging area

*places bags in bagging area*

*beep* unexpected item in bagging area, unexpected item in bagging area, murder, death, kill, John Spartan you are fined one credit. ...