Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Driving in Edinburgh.

Parking in Edinburgh.

Why not just have a big sign saying 'If you're a visitor here with a car then you're fucked'

OK not the best tourist slogan but it may get kudos for honesty.

Driving in Edinburgh.

Parking in Edinburgh.

Why not just have a big sign saying 'If you're a visitor here with a car then you're fucked'

OK not the best tourist slogan but it may get kudos for honesty.

It's really quite easy if you're not a old, cantankerous fool tbh. It's still just roads, spaces and other car users, same as anywhere else.

I've druven in edinburgh a few times and I didn't find it too bad tbh. After everyone telling me it was a complete nightmare I was pleasantly surprised.

Really?

I find the roads are not fit for a city, the layout is horrendous. and that's before the amount of tourists who think its acceptable to walk out in the middle of the road without looking

Really?

I find the roads are not fit for a city, the layout is horrendous. and that's before the amount of tourists who think its acceptable to walk out in the middle of the road without looking

I've maybe not driven through the parts that people are talkin about but other than driving on some cobbled streets I didn't find it particularly annoying.

It's really quite easy if you're not a old, cantankerous fool tbh. It's still just roads, spaces and other car users, same as anywhere else.

Try being a wee bit more original than having a go at my fucking age you twat.

The traffic is horrendous and the resident only parking (even miles from the centre) may be necessary but is a nightmare if you're visiting the city. A journey that should have taken 12 minutes according to Google and for which I allowed 30 minutes took 45.

I'll admit the new layout with the trams takes a bit of getting used to and I hate driving about the top of Leith Walk. But other than that, Edinburgh's fine, bar the pot holes.

Really?

The city centre definitely caters for the pedestrian rather than the motorist. Like anywhere though, when you know the areas, you know the best routes to take at certain times.

Driving in Edinburgh is indeed shite.

constant bus lanes, speed cameras in 30mph zones ,lights every 2 minutes, no parking, extortionate parking when you do find it.

ETA the road surface of Telford Road and Ferry Road is like something from Belgium circa 1917.

Edited by invergowrie arab

When the site is down all night and I only have pron to fall back on.

I had a gander at rangers media... Wow. They real are umm different

"Feedback".

Every fucker is looking for "feedback".

Here's some, you're an arsehole.

Carry a wee recording of Lou Reed's 'Metal Machine Music' around on your phone and bang it on when asked. Problem solved.

BBC Radio Scotland switching over to Gaelic for an indeterminate amount of time when you're doing something you can't break away from to change the station :angry: