Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Familiar gripe from me here, but the ridiculous and disproportionate coverage than women's football gets.

Loads of items on BBC sport and they've even taken to saying stuff like "the first to score a hat trick for England at the Men's World Cup" Oh f**k right off with your ridiculous so called equality agenda you useless c***s.

Public transport during rush hour on the way home from work is just the worst. You really do need to go to a happy place in your mind to stop yourself going on a murderous rampage.

Or is that just me?

No, but it's true of most things.

Familiar gripe from me here, but the ridiculous and disproportionate coverage than women's football gets.

Loads of items on BBC sport and they've even taken to saying stuff like "the first to score a hat trick for England at the Men's World Cup" Oh f**k right off with your ridiculous so called equality agenda you useless c***s.

I never understand the rage for women's football. You're not the only one to complain about the coverage and/or equality on here.

Why do you let it bother you?

Can't say I'm bothered by the increase in coverage in the women's game, but I do find it interesting that it's happened in the last eighteen months or so. It's certainly not due to the public being noticeably more interested, so I assume there's been an agreement somewhere that the media outlets will help to promote it better. It's not a gradual thing; it seemed to happen all at once.

Anyway, did I dream this, or did one of the men's non-league teams down south recently sign a female player? :huh:

Because it's absolutely shite and the patronising coverage from the BBC is cringeworthy. Constantly referring to them as the "lionesses" is just awful. If they constantly called the men's team "The Lions" then you'd be thinking wtf is going on and laughing at them. Nobody actually gives a f**k about women's football, there's no money in it.

I'd rather we got a decent Scottish football programme instead of wasting licence fee money on women's football.

Assuming you're talking about the English national team...they do, don't they? Do we have a women's national team? Can't say anything about the media being shite and patronising as I never read stuff about the women's game due to not having an interest, but they usual are about most things.

Anyway, come back in twenty years; there'll be plenty of money in the women's game by then.

Can't say I'm bothered by the increase in coverage in the women's game, but I do find it interesting that it's happened in the last eighteen months or so. It's certainly not due to the public being noticeably more interested, so I assume there's been an agreement somewhere that the media outlets will help to promote it better. It's not a gradual thing; it seemed to happen all at once.

Anyway, did I dream this, or did one of the men's non-league teams down south recently sign a female player? :huh:

With the amount of Sports coverage on, raging about it rather than switching the channel, baffles me.

Because it's absolutely shite and the patronising coverage from the BBC is cringeworthy. Constantly referring to them as the "lionesses" is just awful. If they constantly called the men's team "The Lions" then you'd be thinking wtf is going on and laughing at them.

Yeah, thats one team. I was referring to Womans Football in general.

With the amount of Sports coverage on, raging about it rather than switching the channel, baffles me.

I can only assume there's a bit of patriarchal thinking at play here; the whole "women muscling in on our game" thing. As you say, all you have to do is not watch/read.

Apparently the gallant effort from the women's cricket team have in some way made up for their male counterparts failings at the Ashes, according to the BBC this morning.

They then proceeded to show the wifies getting run out, missing a very slow rolling towards the boundary and generally being very shite at cricket.

I'm sure Botham and Boycott were comforted.

They'll be fucking national heroes if they win something, but :rolleyes:

When West end student types describe something as 'chill'

As in 'Yeah, me and Paige were at that vegan teahouse last night, it's pretty chill.'

Or 'Did you see Younes last night? He was snorting the lines of M-Cat faster than Ewan could rack them. That dude has no chill.'

What shite and improper use of the word.

How did you do that?

Someone tied a cable tie too tight on a box. I had to cut it off so I had to try and force the scissors into the smallest fucking gap known to man and for some reason the cable tie snapped while I was pushing the scissors and they just went straight through the bottom of my thumb.

Fun and games.

It isn't that it gets coverage, it that its clearly at the expense of others, the dispoprionte amount amount of attention/money to english football is excused by it being a higher standard, but how does that work when womens football is pushed so highly compared to spfl for example?

I believe in a truly equal society splitting sport into gender doesn't make sense, but i seem to be a lone voice in that regard.

It isn't that it gets coverage, it that its clearly at the expense of others, the dispoprionte amount amount of attention/money to english football is excused by it being a higher standard, but how does that work when womens football is pushed so highly compared to spfl for example?

I believe in a truly equal society splitting sport into gender doesn't make sense, but i seem to be a lone voice in that regard.

Of course it makes sense. Take Rugby league for example, It would be madness to suggest women should be allowed to participate in the men's game.

Non contact sports such you could make an argument for.

Edited by Enrico Annoni

Im not exactly pro-womans football, in fact. I think its fucking shite. All I've said is that I just can't understand why its universally loathed, as another poster has said. It generates no money, so the rights to show it are probably a pittance as it is. In fact, the World Cup aside, i can't remember a game being on.

Scottish footballs lack of coverage is another argument altogether. Im sure there are several sports having more coverage than they deserve.

Of course it makes sense. Take Rugby league for example, It would be madness to suggest women should be allowed to participate in the men's game.

Non contact sports such you could make an argument for.

Well non-contact sports would be a good place to start, but even in things like rugby league are women any different to small men? Should there be a under 6 foot league?