Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Card reader at the garage has had some sort of software upgrade and is now really slow.

Please enter PIN number .....press press press no response .....keep pressing first number then it enters it four times.....press cancel...dippit lassie looks at me as if I don't know what to do. Think about asking if the software has been upgraded but think what's the point so blame myself.

Guessing the entire Asda reader system is the same. Put the please wait feature back in ffs.

BP on the A8 Heading our of Edinburgh. It may not be their fault, but if you buy fuel and then feel the need for a wee shop and a coffee, can u move your bloody car.

Edited by capybara

I once asked for a BLT.....they asked if I wanted lettuce or tomato on my sub

Not too clever, I don't go in anymore, they blow my case every time. You think you've covered all your bases, like you did, and they f**k it right up by asking more shit.

Subway is a perfectly simple and obvious process, and I have just added "being behind someone in a Subway queue who is incapable of grasping how the Subway process works" to this post in this thread. If you've been in before and you can't pick it up you're a complete simpleton who probably shouldn't be buying food on your own.

Elsewhere in Subway-related annoyance, people who try and get on a Subway train (and presumably other trains) before everyone has finished getting off are direct descendants of Hitler.

I once asked for a BLT.....they asked if I wanted lettuce or tomato on my sub

Yeah...you'll get asked if you want cheese on your steak and cheese sub too.

I think they're trained to be unthinking automatons and just go through the list. They probably get a time out if they use common sense and assume the customer wants what they've just asked for. It'll all be done by robots one day anyway.

Subway is a perfectly simple and obvious process, and I have just added "being behind someone in a Subway queue who is incapable of grasping how the Subway process works" to this post in this thread. If you've been in before and you can't pick it up you're a complete simpleton who probably shouldn't be buying food on your own.

Elsewhere in Subway-related annoyance, people who try and get on a Subway train (and presumably other trains) before everyone has finished getting off are direct descendants of Hitler.

Went in past a McDonald's drive thru when the other half's dad (Doric speaking farmer type) was driving once. It was his first experience of such a thing and listening to him ordering himself 'just a burger' and the resultant chaos with the guy on the speaker was top entertainment.

Yeah...you'll get asked if you want cheese on your steak and cheese sub too.

I think they're trained to be unthinking automatons and just go through the list. They probably get a time out if they use common sense and assume the customer wants what they've just asked for. It'll all be done by robots one day anyway.

If you're asking the same questions all day and some c**t tries to f**k with the order you say it, I'd say they're in the wrong.

If you're asking the same questions all day and some c**t tries to f**k with the order you say it, I'd say they're in the wrong.

Folk don't half get confused when they go into a Subway for the first time. You can feel the seethe emanating from the queue behind them as they try to process the questions they're being asked :P

I'd imagine they'll switch to touchscreen ordering at some point, after which you'll be able to watch the thing being made if that's your thing. Probably make life a lot easier for all concerned.

Went in past a McDonald's drive thru when the other half's dad (Doric speaking farmer type) was driving once. It was his first experience of such a thing and listening to him ordering himself 'just a burger' and the resultant chaos with the guy on the speaker was top entertainment.

I can remember going through a McDonalds drive-thru for the first time with my mother back in the late Eighties, and the "where is the voice coming from?" situation is retrospectively hilarious. She still hadn't quite worked it all out by the time she stopped driving :lol:

Edit: she would put on her 'phone voice' when talking into the speaker too. Always made me giggle, for some reason. I look forward to finding out which technological advancements my son is amused by my handling of.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave