Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Websites that insist on making you set up 'secret questions', then give you a list of questions that you must choose from (what's your mother's maiden name?)

eBay have just started this shit, and they're not allowing me to dinghy it today. They don't seem to realise that this has the effect of making your account less secure to anyone who actually knows you. So now I have to make up some bullshit answers and try to somehow remember the damned things :angry:

Websites that insist on making you set up 'secret questions', then give you a list of questions that you must choose from (what's your mother's maiden name?)

eBay have just started this shit, and they're not allowing me to dinghy it today. They don't seem to realise that this has the effect of making your account less secure to anyone who actually knows you. So now I have to make up some bullshit answers and try to somehow remember the damned things :angry:

Don't worry, there is no danger of eBay stealing your money when they have your address, bank details and mother's maiden name.

Maybe every Chinese in the #westend is shite, but I find they're always really stale and cardboard-like.

The first two or three when they're piping hot are fine but it's a race against time when the bag is opened to scoff as many as possible before they cool down that extra ºC.

Don't worry, there is no danger of eBay stealing your money when they have your address, bank details and mother's maiden name.

You could say the same about HMRC :P

Maybe every Chinese in the #westend is shite, but I find they're always really stale and cardboard-like.

The first two or three when they're piping hot are fine but it's a race against time when the bag is opened to scoff as many as possible before they cool down that extra ºC.

The Chinese takeaway that I go to, serves their chips like that. The first couple are roasting, then for some reason the temperature for the rest drop five degrees every two or so seconds.

We must be lucky for Chinese restaurants in Alloa. I can heartily recommend China Town or Joy Lee's Hong Kong if you're ever in the area.

We've had a couple of good ones that shut down too, sadly. I remember having a Christmas lunch at the place on the corner of the High Street and Drysdale Street, which is now an Indian takeaway. The lads obviously had no idea what they were doing and just figured they had to do something Christmassy, which amounted to adding sprouts, shredded turkey and some cranberry at random. Nevertheless, one of the best Christmas meals I've ever had :P

Chips and garlic mayo is the way to go IMO.

This is wrong (although undoubtedly tasty) cos it's fat with fat. U want something acidic to cut through it. Why vinegar is so good with chips.

This. I only know of one Chinese in Dundee that do it, it's a shame the rest of their food is crap.

There's about 384729 chineses in Dundee that do it.

On the subject of kebab shops, I can recommend Four in One's chips, although they don't add salt or vinegar unless you ask. Crisp and not greasy. My favourite thing on their menu at the moment, combined with a wee side salad with plenty of onion.

I like the garlic mayo too :ph34r: