Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Edinburgh's roads department. They must the only council to employ Traffic Obstruction Officers. More narrowed streets, chicanes and the like in the name of safety. A critical look at it shows that it has actually made it more dangerous. I won't bore you with details as I'm sure you can imagine.

Sulking.

My paper got rejected for a conference, which I can live with because I didn't think it was that great anyway (the paper), however, my supervisor wants me to revise it and submit it to another one. But its rubbish! I don't want to submit that rubbish!

Edinburgh's roads department. They must the only council to employ Traffic Obstruction Officers. More narrowed streets, chicanes and the like in the name of safety. A critical look at it shows that it has actually made it more dangerous. I won't bore you with details as I'm sure you can imagine.

We voted against the congestion charge and the council is still trying to exact its revenge.

Nope I generally only do that on the full moon.

Being a pagan wiccan white witch, I may have a remedy for you! ;)

Don't even go there people, I'm being sincre.....it's a herbal decongestant!

um, first of all my knowledge of these matters comes from buffy the vampire slayer and all that, but isn't the male version of a witch like a warlock (see charmed) or wizard (LOTR) or something -genuinely didn't realise males could be witches.

Thats a lot of fancy words. Why not just tell her to blow her nose on a dock leaf and be done with it?

um, first of all my knowledge of these matters comes from buffy the vampire slayer and all that, but isn't the male version of a witch like a warlock (see charmed) or wizard (LOTR) or something -genuinely didn't realise males could be witches.

It all comes down to interpretation - you can have male 'witches' or 'warlocks' depending upon the coven/pagan belief system you follow. Pagan's tend to go with witches/warlocks but Wiccan's are pretty easy about terminology! Buffy the vampire slayer indeed :rolleyes: - look, for once and for all, paganism/wiccanism is a healing, spiritual (NOT religious) system whereby we try to live by the morals of 'Striving to Survive Causing the Least Possible Suffering'.

I knew a wonderful white witch called Gaye who sent me on the right path and tragically died of a brain tumour two years' after she'd given birth to her daughter, Megan. She showed me the way and Megan has followed in her mother's footsteps, practising holistic/aromatherapy healing. :)

Thats a lot of fancy words. Why not just tell her to blow her nose on a dock leaf and be done with it?

:lol: I know - and I thought it was us blokes who only had man flu! :lol:

... we try to live by the morals of 'Striving to Survive Causing the Least Possible Suffering'.

I've brought this up many times, but you work at an airport! Full of fuel, emissions, and excessive harm to the planet..not only that, but do you not work for customs and immigration? So basically you are in charge of locking people up and sending them back to the misery from whence they came?

It all comes down to interpretation - you can have male 'witches' or 'warlocks' depending upon the coven/pagan belief system you follow. Pagan's tend to go with witches/warlocks but Wiccan's are pretty easy about terminology! Buffy the vampire slayer indeed :rolleyes: - look, for once and for all, paganism/wiccanism is a healing, spiritual (NOT religious) system whereby we try to live by the morals of 'Striving to Survive Causing the Least Possible Suffering'.

I knew a wonderful white witch called Gaye who sent me on the right path and tragically died of a brain tumour two years' after she'd given birth to her daughter, Megan. She showed me the way and Megan has followed in her mother's footsteps, practising holistic/aromatherapy healing. :)

apologies for referencing BTVS but it is the framework your average punter works from on these matters, still I have usefully improved my knowledge so that good. :)

PTTGOYN- I seem to have hit a wall in form. <_<

I've brought this up many times, but you work at an airport! Full of fuel, emissions, and excessive harm to the planet..not only that, but do you not work for customs and immigration? So basically you are in charge of locking people up and sending them back to the misery from whence they came?

I'd love to have a mass debate ( :rolleyes: 0 ) but I've just gone 15 rounds with VikingTON - let's just leave it at "I don't make the laws, I only enforce them and if I wasn't doing this I'd be doing something else that someone would probably find offensive/oppressive so I'm just doing my best whilst my poor sorry carcase is on this planet to get by by being as humane as possible.......

.....can I go to bed now please....? :(

I'd love to have a mass debate ( :rolleyes: 0 ) but I've just gone 15 rounds with VikingTON - let's just leave it at "I don't make the laws, I only enforce them and if I wasn't doing this I'd be doing something else that someone would probably find offensive/oppressive so I'm just doing my best whilst my poor sorry carcase is on this planet to get by by being as humane as possible.......

.....can I go to bed now please....? :(

Please do :P

I have a hangover,a big bruise on my leg,I also came home a bit drunk last night and went right to my bed miss out on my munchie box that was getting ordered,I'm not going to let it bother me.

I am staying at Mum's for the weekend and she is a big listener to Radio 2 - this normally doesn't cause me major problems but today the Sunday Love Songs programme is on. It's filled with a load of crap that people are sending in

"Oh, please tell my great wife I love her so much, she is my world and she has done such a great job bringing up our children, I wouldn't be the happiest man alive if it wasn't for her"

There are 5 or 6 similar vomit inducing messages between every song.

What a load of stupid rubbishness.

You have no idea how much I despise this, I am going to snap soon.

Bunch of smug gits, just tell them of your supposed love across the breakfast table instead of making some sort of grand romantic gesture by getting some failing DJ to read it out on a Sunday morning to the hungover masses who don't even want to entertain such notions.

PS - I am not hungover but lots of people will be I guess.