Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Burd finished Uni the other day so moved back to Shetland yesterday for 3months. :(

Dont know if its a good or a bad thing really :lol:.

Coincidentally this is the first weekend I wont be out in Glasgow for absolute ages as I need to save for Rockness next week.

ELDERLY DRIVERS.

Having just returned home from Troon, I had the misfortune to be stuck behind two women around the age of 80 in a Daihatsu Sirion.

Now, first of all, what kind of fucking genius came up with the name 'Sirion'? Let's face it, the only kind of idiots who would buy a glorified skateboard with a wheezy second rate two stroke lawnmower engine are gullible coffin-dodgers, so what's with the stellar name?

Just call it a Daihatsu Shortbread or something that will reflect it's future owners. All it needs in the way of creature comforts are sturdy indicators, because they'll be on for most of the fucking journeys the car ever does, being as them that are driving to Gods waiting room are allergic to turning the fucking things off, and some sort of cobweb removal system, so the auld fuckers can refurbish their whiskered chins now and again.

These two wrinkled, confused and emaciated goats had dresses and hats on, depsite it being about 93 fucking degrees outside, and I'd be willing to bet they had the heater on full too.

So, there's me driving at 15 mph behind them, with their indicators popping on and off randomly at the first sign of someone's driveway that they were convinced was the turn off they wanted, and all the while there are 234 cars behind me getting more and more tense. Now it's a sunny day in Troon, which means the roads are mobbed with daytrippers, so there's absolutely no opportunity for me to overtake the cadavers, therefore I'm forced to sit there with a dozen horns beeping behind me, enjoying the cabaret of blue dress turning to chat to green dress and moving her arthritic arms in the process, making the be-wheeled skip weave all over the road.

I have to admit my anger was tempered a great deal by the amusement of watching pedestrians dive into bushes and Renault Clio's do emergency stops as this pair ploughed a very slow and convoluted path of furrowed carnage through the town.

After about five miles the road cleared on the other side, and myself and about five other cars immediately went past them, which has me wondering:what do they actually think when they see every other motorist charge past them, fuming?

Do they really think every single person on the road is dangerous, or will there ever come a point in their PG tips and People's Friend addicted lives where they will stop and consider the fact that they shouldn't be on the road?

:angry:

ELDERLY DRIVERS.

Having just returned home from Troon, I had the misfortune to be stuck behind two women around the age of 80 in a Daihatsu Sirion.

Now, first of all, what kind of fucking genius came up with the name 'Sirion'? Let's face it, the only kind of idiots who would buy a glorified skateboard with a wheezy second rate two stroke lawnmower engine are gullible coffin-dodgers, so what's with the stellar name?

Just call it a Daihatsu Shortbread or something that will reflect it's future owners. All it needs in the way of creature comforts are sturdy indicators, because they'll be on for most of the fucking journeys the car ever does, being as them that are driving to Gods waiting room are allergic to turning the fucking things off, and some sort of cobweb removal system, so the auld fuckers can refurbish their whiskered chins now and again.

Bet it handles like it's on rollerskates.

ELDERLY DRIVERS.

These two wrinkled, confused and emaciated goats had dresses and hats on, depsite it being about 93 fucking degrees outside, and I'd be willing to bet they had the heater on full too.

So, there's me driving at 15 mph behind them, with their indicators popping on and off randomly at the first sign of someone's driveway that they were convinced was the turn off they wanted, and all the while there are 234 cars behind me getting more and more tense. Now it's a sunny day in Troon, which means the roads are mobbed with daytrippers, so there's absolutely no opportunity for me to overtake the cadavers, therefore I'm forced to sit there with a dozen horns beeping behind me, enjoying the cabaret of blue dress turning to chat to green dress and moving her arthritic arms in the process, making the be-wheeled skip weave all over the road.

I have to admit my anger was tempered a great deal by the amusement of watching pedestrians dive into bushes and Renault Clio's do emergency stops as this pair ploughed a very slow and convoluted path of furrowed carnage through the town.

After about five miles the road cleared on the other side, and myself and about five other cars immediately went past them, which has me wondering:what do they actually think when they see every other motorist charge past them, fuming?

Do they really think every single person on the road is dangerous, or will there ever come a point in their PG tips and People's Friend addicted lives where they will stop and consider the fact that they shouldn't be on the road?

I do enjoy Monsters pensioner rants! :lol:

ELDERLY DRIVERS.

i've highlighted your problem. you went to pensioner city ayrshire, only brassie or alloway would be worse. :(

Guest The Phoenix
I near slashed my thumb off with a knife in a bread cutting accident and I still feel a bit ropey after I sat in my flat myself and had a bottle of MD last night.

Get well soon Fudge!

post-7951-1244226424_thumb.png

Guest The Phoenix

I'm bored out of my trolley, so I've been clicking on a few buttons on the site.

I clicked on "My Friends" and revealed -

There are no friends to display

I've regressed from bored to morose. :(

I'm bored out of my trolley, so I've been clicking on a few buttons on the site.

I have you added old boy. :)

Someone add me, please!

:P

Balls, this is no longer any valid.

Edited by Michael W

Guest The Phoenix

Ah!

I've found another button in there - "Show who has added me"

I've hunners* of friends. :D

Next question - what is the purpose (i.e. advantage) of adding someone as a friend?

Apologies in advance for my stupidity. :(

EDIT: That's hundreds not ***-ners

Edited by The Phoenix

Ah!

I've found another button in there - "Show who has added me"

I've hunners of friends. :D

Next question - what is the purpose (i.e. advantage) of adding siomeone as a friend?

Apologies in advance for my stupidity. :(

To show off how popular you are, how many people you have met and who is in your clique.

Same here. You're on my 'friends' list sir! ;)

Guest The Phoenix
To show off how popular you are, how many people you have met and who is in your clique.

I genuinely didn't have that angle in mind. :(

I know who my friends are in real life. ;)

I'll be seeing three of them on Tuesday. :D