Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I could ask Adam to try and explain what "rammes" are again if you like.

:lol:

Only folk who have some connection to Coatbridge and parts of Airdrie would know what that means.

It wasn't until my early 20s that I reealised that it wasn't used in that context anywhere else in the land. :(

:lol:

Only folk who have some connection to Coatbridge and parts of Airdrie would know what that means.

It wasn't until my early 20s that I reealised that it wasn't used in that context anywhere else in the land. :(

We're probably talking about two different things! :lol:

When you try and type "scones" into your phone using predictive text, it comes up with "rammes". Shakehands Tom used to come and visit us for tea and rammes when we lived near him. We've not had rammes in a little while.

What does it mean to you?

We're probably talking about two different things! :lol:

When you try and type "scones" into your phone using predictive text, it comes up with "rammes". Shakehands Tom used to come and visit us for tea and rammes when we lived near him. We've not had rammes in a little while.

What does it mean to you?

I thought you meant the plural of "rammy", which is a Coatbridge word for a returnable soft drink bottle. :lol:

I assumed Adam had picked that one up whilst working in Whifflet years back. In other parts of west central Scotland, shit words such as "gingey" and "hector" are used instead.

I thought you meant the plural of "rammy", which is a Coatbridge word for a returnable soft drink bottle. :lol:

I assumed Adam had picked that one up whilst working in Whifflet years back. In other parts of west central Scotland, shit words such as "gingey" and "hector" are used instead.

I asked him just there before you replied. He knew it!

I was thinking of "rammies" as in scraps and all that.

Dave choosing to show post Lamarr 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks'. The show has gone seriously downhill since he left, now aimed at a more younger audience topped off with that p***k Simon Amstell hosting. I hate that fucking c**t.

Ahh, the old glass cheque....

It doesn't mean that?

That was the only one I knew, until I discovered the most recent meaning.

We've enough empty Irn Bru bottles in our cellar to pay our rent. They're actually starting to get on my nerves.

I asked him just there before you replied. He knew it!

I was thinking of "rammies" as in scraps and all that.

Anywhere else in Scotland, that would be it's primary use, aye. Glad to hear that Lanarkshire's rich patois has rubbed off anyways. :P

Is that the East End equivalent? I've heard of the phrase, but never heard anyone in Glasgow use it.

Anywhere else in Scotland, that would be it's primary use, aye. Glad to hear that Lanarkshire's rich patois has rubbed off anyways. :P

Is that the East End equivalent? I've heard of the phrase, but never heard anyone in Glasgow use it.

No, the east end version is "gingey", which you already mentioned. I first heard glass cheque mentioned a few weeks ago and it nearly floored me. The guy that said it is originally from Killie, now in the west end.. Maybe it's an Ayrshire thing.

Don't get frustrated lad - talk to Ruggy. He'll have the lock picked on her chastity belt before you can say: "What do you mean no way?"

post-4200-1245790553.jpg

Ruggy: "With my reputation?!"

Nae bother B)

No, the east end version is "gingey", which you already mentioned. I first heard glass cheque mentioned a few weeks ago and it nearly floored me. The guy that said it is originally from Killie, now in the west end.. Maybe it's an Ayrshire thing.

"Gingey" seems to have spread it's tenticles thoughtout the Greater Glasgow region now. Shall have to see if any c'nt I work with knows of "glass cheque". Most of Glasgow and a good bit beyond is represented there, so someone must know where it originates.

It is physically impossible to tuck your thumb into the palm of your hand and then bend your wrist 90degrees towards the floor.

No it isn't, I just tried it there and....

Are you gay?

...ah, I see what you did there...