Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Or you'll both get sequestered and have to spend 3 weeks locked away from the world.

Oh, what would P&B do...

What having to serve on jury duty and getting your balls cut off! That seems a bit extreme.

Guest The Phoenix
Just went in to my sisters room to look for money, i found some Durex Play heat sensation lube stuff and about 5 condom wrappers. She is getting more than me at the moment! <_<

So you are either a thief or covering up for sniffing around her drawers for other purposes.

Which is it to be?

Over to you gentlemen of the jury - there's plenty of them about according to recent posts.

Got a letter from the court today telling me to expect a call regarding Jury Duty.

I've never done it before, so it will be an experience, at least...

It might not be a very pleasant experience.

I got picked for the first time about seven years ago having been looking forward to it as an experience just like you. However, it was a child abuse case within a family and was absolutely harrowing. I'm in no hurry to return I have to say.

The thought of it also scares me. I mean, if you and the rest of the Jury were to make a mistake, what one would you want it to be? Setting a guilty man free, or sending down an innocent man for a long time?

That's the whole point. I would not want either on my conscience.

I know there's the whole think about better for a guilty man to go free.... blah, blah blah, but it's still a big responsibility.

Also could you really keep prejudices out of it. What if he was a self confessed Dundee supporter? Or a pipe fitter? (Sorry, stayed as serious as I could for so long).

It might not be a very pleasant experience.

I got picked for the first time about seven years ago having been looking forward to it as an experience just like you. However, it was a child abuse case within a family and was absolutely harrowing. I'm in no hurry to return I have to say.

I would absolutely hate that. I was thinking about murder, rape etc. but to deliberate in a child abuse case would be terrible.

That's the whole point. I would not want either on my conscience.

I know there's the whole think about better for a guilty man to go free.... blah, blah blah, but it's still a big responsibility.

Also could you really keep prejudices out of it. What if he was a self confessed Dundee supporter? Or a pipe fitter? (Sorry, stayed as serious as I could for so long).

I reckon I would stay impartical. I don't think I would let personal feelings get in the way of it.

Like you say, you would rather a guilty man gets set free than an innocent man going down for a few years.

I reckon I would stay impartical. I don't think I would let personal feelings get in the way of it.

Like you say, you would rather a guilty man gets set free than an innocent man going down for a few years.

What if said guilty man then re-offends and murders, rapes or abuses someone else because he was found not guilty?

What if said guilty man then re-offends and murders, rapes or abuses someone else because he was found not guilty?

Good point. However, what if the innocent man, who has never been in trouble with the OB before getting found guilty of a crime he didn't commit, becomes a career criminal in prison? I have seen it before, boys I went to school with, doing something really stupid, and getting locked up for a couple of months. Then, they come out and they have learned so many new ways to break the law whilst locked up.

It's a minefield.

I would quite like to be in the jury of a murder trial. When have you heard of someone who has been up on a murder charge being found not guilty? I would imagine, given DNA and the likes in todays world, that it would be quite hard to beat a murder charge, no?

Having worked for CICA for 5 years, that's the only way you can approach such a situation.

Others (women especially) would read witness statements, court papers etc and think "What if that were me/my son/my daughter?". There's no way you can look at the evidence with a clear head if you think like that.

I can be a cold c'nt, so had no problem disregarding the obvious fact that the alleged victims were real people. In any case, the accounts of drunken fighting gone wrong more than made up for the more grim stuff.

Having worked for CICA for 5 years, that's the only way you can approach such a situation.

Others (women especially) would read witness statements, court papers etc and think "What if that were me/my son/my daughter?". There's no way you can look at the evidence with a clear head if you think like that.

I can be a cold c'nt, so had no problem disregarding the obvious fact that the alleged victims were real people. In any case, the accounts of drunken fighting gone wrong more than made up for the more grim stuff.

Yeah, the moment that you start thinking like that, you are in trouble and can no longer be impartical.

I would absolutely hate that. I was thinking about murder, rape etc. but to deliberate in a child abuse case would be terrible.

It was absolutely horrible and I ended up angry with myself because I'd been looking forward to it. I just thought it would be a robbery or an assault or whatever - talk about naive!

So you are either a thief or covering up for sniffing around her drawers for other purposes.

Which is it to be?

Over to you gentlemen of the jury - there's plenty of them about according to recent posts.

Don't tell me that you never went into your older siblings room to hoover up their change after they'd been on a night on the lash and were lying in their bed.

WoW maintenance AGAIN. :angry: Servers were meant to be up at 10 AM but they were then delayed until 12 AM - and they STILL aren't up as I type this.

Raging.

Go outside man! FFS.

Going to work soon, not hungry enough for any dinner so I'll be starving later no doubt. Having some salt and vinegar crisps to tie me over but there is barely any flavour in them! It's Walkers as well, very unlike them :( Oh great, now Lady Gaga has just come on the radio. Su-fucking-perb <_<

It was absolutely horrible and I ended up angry with myself because I'd been looking forward to it. I just thought it would be a robbery or an assault or whatever - talk about naive!

If you've already served on a jury can you be asked to serve again? Even if the answer is yes would having served on a traumatic case excuse you from future service?