Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Yeah, that's all well and good, but as I said, it's not the job that's requiring experience, it's the employers that require their employees to have previous experience. No, it's not fair, which is why no one ever tells the exact truth in CVs or application forms. Everything can be turned into "relevant experience". It doesn't have to have been in gainful employment. It could be that you helped in the school tuck shop if you're after a job in retail. If it's working in a youth centre, you helped the other kids with their homework in your spare time after school. You don't necessarily even need to lie as long as you word it well.

no. they desire and sadly currently that is enough in the current climate of high unemployment.

Ah it's been a while since I posted in this thread so I guess I have loads.

A pint of cider now costs the same as a 2 litre bottle of it.

The asda square sausages. They highlight the fact that the price has been frozen inspite of the credit crunch. With one minor detail there is one less sausage in each packet. Robbing b*****ds.

Music in 2009 has been absolutely terrible.

Celtic fans seeming to think the league is already over after 45 minutes of decent football. Peg selling gypsy b*****ds.

People bombing Majorca two weeks before I fly out. Just you lot go away otherwise I will give you a scheme booting when I get out there.

It would also appear that my kidneys are donald ducked. Although when I went to the doctors the woman couldnt understand me and I couldnt understand her. She filled out a prescription for laxatives as she thought I said I couldnt shit.

I got a letter from my school last week informing that if I wanted to change any of my subjects I was to go to the school today anytime this afternoon. So, I went into the school and went to see the deputy-head who's incharge of subject changes, he tells me that I have to go back later at 5 o'clock. He was doing f**k all aswell. Actually, that was a lie; he was eating pizza.

<_<

Edited by Santana

Guest The Phoenix
I got a letter from my school last week informing that if I wanted to change any of my subjects I was to go to the school today anytime this afternoon. So, I went into the school and went to see the deputy-head who's incharge of subject changes, he tells me that I have to go back later at 5 o'clock. He was doing f**k all aswell. Actually, that was a lie; he was eating pizza.

<_<

Sadly, Santana, you were a victim of the Domino Effect. :(

Desire/require, both ways of saying what they want from applicant for them to be considered.

:( Apologies in advance and I did try to let it go and not reply. Really, I did. But they are not words leading to the same meaning.

Desire is a want,a sense of longing for a person or object or hoping for an outcome. As an example, I might desire Scarlett Johansson or a packet of chocolate digestives -though Scarlett is more of an infatuation.

Requirement is the same as need. e.g. oxygen.

Needs are distinguished from wants because a deficiency would cause a clear negative outcome.

:( Apologies in advance and I did try to let it go and not reply. Really, I did. But they are not words leading to the same meaning.

Desire is a want,a sense of longing for a person or object or hoping for an outcome. As an example, I might desire Scarlett Johansson or a packet of chocolate digestives -though Scarlett is more of an infatuation.

Requirement is the same as need. e.g. oxygen.

Needs are distinguished from wants because a deficiency would cause a clear negative outcome.

I don't think many employers have a sense of longing for someone with experience, do you?

I don't think many employers have a sense of longing for someone with experience, do you?

they would prefer (like/desire) someone with experience. but they do not require someone with experience in that hiring someone who requires a bit of training, is not likely to cause immediate clear negative consequences -unless its tank driving, lion taming, gladiator or some such danger inducing role.

they would prefer (like/desire) someone with experience. but they do not require someone with experience in that hiring someone who requires a bit of training, is not likely to cause immediate clear negative consequences -unless its tank driving, lion taming, gladiator or some such danger inducing role.

Right, but the point was, the employer, has said that they require experience, not desire it. That's all I've been saying. They can say that they require experience if they so wish. And no, like I've also been saying all along, it's not fair.