Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Exactly that. :(

First season up I figured I could just work saturday evenings and during the week, they didn't buy that, so it looks like I'll just have to pick and choose. :(

Most places will start taking on their Christmas temps around middle/late November. I think it'd definitely be worth holding off until then. Saturday nights are the most unwanted shifts and therefore it tends to be young people who end up with those. You might find offering to work a Saturday night is every bit as inviting to a potential employer as during the day where they will already a good number of staff. I think you'll find it easier with a supermarket than anything on the high street.

Most places will start taking on their Christmas temps around middle/late November. I think it'd definitely be worth holding off until then. Saturday nights are the most unwanted shifts and therefore it tends to be young people who end up with those. You might find offering to work a Saturday night is every bit as inviting to a potential employer as during the day where they will already a good number of staff. I think you'll find it easier with a supermarket than anything on the high street.

:cheers

Basically, this time on the form I'm going to tick every single box apart from "early mornings" as there's no way I could get from Bankfoot to Perth before half 7/8 in the morning. Night shift workers get extra, too. 8)

Basically, this time on the form I'm going to tick every single box apart from "early mornings" as there's no way I could get from Bankfoot to Perth before half 7/8 in the morning. Night shift workers get extra, too. 8)

Gotta be 18 to do a nightshift in most places do you not?

Don't know if you are under 18, but if you are, then you will not be allowed by law to work nights.

I worked nights for a bit last year, fecking hated it!

I hate bonfire night.

I'm scared of fireworks and everyone has went down to Glasgow Green, so I'm a total loner tonight.

I forgot about it! I don't really care much if I can't have my own bonfire and let off my own fireworks. I want to be close enough to smell the gunpowder, so I'm not bothering.

I forgot about it! I don't really care much if I can't have my own bonfire and let off my own fireworks. I want to be close enough to smell the gunpowder, so I'm not bothering.

I'm hiding away in my flat. Bonfires/Fireworks are scary! I'm not even going to watch from my window.

I'm hiding away in my flat. Bonfires/Fireworks are scary! I'm not even going to watch from my window.

But you're a girl. Your role in these occasions is to watch the pretty fireworks from a safe distance, while we men either concentrate on exploding things, or take advantage of your vulnerability to hold you close and make you feel protected.

Edited to add, by "you", I wasn't referring to you personally, just in case you thought I had a touch of the DB62 about me!

Edited by Xbass Threepwood