Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm in londonstan, dog tired, but I've already seen one resignation call, the education minister apparently.

He had the adaucity to comment on school closures ...in his own seat. By God .

Got up at 7 this morning to get ready for an exam at college only to get a phone call telling me that it has been put back to half 3 so I could of had a nice lie in but instead I have been up trying to revise for the exam.

Got up at 7 this morning to get ready for an exam at college only to get a phone call telling me that it has been put back to half 3 so I could of had a nice lie in but instead I have been up trying to revise for the exam.

By the sounds of it you could do with the extra revision my man.

anyone watching the car crash that is the TV show about P7 proms on BBC 1 just now?

a - when did Scotland start having 'proms'?

b - when did parents start going overboard and renting limo's and stuff like that?

IT IS A P7 END OF YEAR PARTY FFS!!! dry.gifmad.gif

Fools and their money are easily parted.

anyone watching the car crash that is the TV show about P7 proms on BBC 1 just now?

b - when did parents start going overboard and renting limo's and stuff like that?

It's incredibly tacky.

I had one when I was in primary 7, 9 years ago! Expensive dresses, fancy cars etc.

It has got a lot worse more recently, so bad the school has had to ban the end of year dance because they feel it's unfair on the less wealthier children who's parents can't afford the expensive dress or money for the limo.

Shame, it should be about the fun you have with your mates before you go up to high school.

Guest The Phoenix

I had one when I was in primary 7, 9 years ago! Expensive dresses, fancy cars etc.

It has got a lot worse more recently, so bad the school has had to ban the end of year dance because they feel it's unfair on the less wealthier children who's parents can't afford the expensive dress or money for the limo.

Shame, it should be about the fun you have with your mates before you go up to high school.

I got a toffee apple from the teacher when I left Primary School.

We hired a service bus to take us to our prom (in upper sixth, aged 18, not P7).

There were the usual limos, hummers, tacky sports cars etc. as well as someone who turned up in a helicopter :blink:

Edit: I say prom, but it was still closer to a school dance than American style events - no king or queen, no ridiculous spotlight dances...

Edited by Breaking Decency

I'm turning into Victor Meldrew - I don't believe it! We had a bloody school dance and that was it. No limo, no tux, no 'prom king and queen'.

edit - most likely to get married? They are 10/11 ffs!

Now if it was Dundee.....

Edited by kiwififer

I'm watching through my fingers - a bloody horse drawn carriage, a fire engine and limos. Seriously WTF? blink.gif

I just never knew how chavtastic folk actually are...

Half my school used to turn up in a horse drawn carriage, not for the prom mind, just for a normal school day.

Rumour is that the car is to be invented any day now.