Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Definitely chucking Uni. I absolutely hate it. The word load is tedious and boring and even spending a couple of days a week glued to a computer screen is horrific, never mind embarking on a career of it!

Looking at getting into Aircraft Engineering instead. Total change of face, a hands on job and its respectably paid.

We have a dance, not a prom, and everyone wears kilts, except this one guy who came in a tux.

Any idea how much the dry cleaning was?

We don't clean the kilts we just give them back to the guy, we get to keep the socks though.

I was laughing at the fact his joke sailed right over your head.

His reference to dry cleaning was a joke, hinging on the pun on one guy coming (ejaculating) in a tux.

You really are an idiot.

Definitely chucking Uni. I absolutely hate it. The word load is tedious and boring and even spending a couple of days a week glued to a computer screen is horrific, never mind embarking on a career of it!

I'm thinking about doing the same. I hate having no money, and I think I only really went because of the pressure from school that if you get good grades you MUST go to uni.

I am going to live at home, get a job and then apply to get into the police later. Just like that.

I'm thinking about doing the same. I hate having no money, and I think I only really went because of the pressure from school that if you get good grades you MUST go to uni.

I am going to live at home, get a job and then apply to get into the police later. Just like that.

I was the same. I left school and didn't really have much of an idea what I wanted to do. Got roped into an HND in Animation, I'm a couple of months into 3rd year of Uni, straight from College and I just find it tedious and stressful.

I've done a lot of 'hands on' work during summers etc doing landscape gardening and I think its that line of work I'd be best suited to.

Trying to download Windows Live Messenger on my laptop but everywhere I'm looking it's only coming up the new 2011 version, which is quite frankly a pile of absolute horse shit :angry:

Anyone link me to an older and better WLM download? :(

How bad is it when you meet someone you know in a supermarket and stop for a chat, then as you say goodbye and continue with your shopping you keep bumping into them. Are you meant to chat to them again or what? It's just so fucking ackward, after a while you're making sure you stay clear of them to avoid the "alright, see you later", again.

Horrible. dry.gif

How bad is it when you meet someone you know in a supermarket and stop for a chat, then as you say goodbye and continue with your shopping you keep bumping into them. Are you meant to chat to them again or what? It's just so fucking ackward, after a while you're making sure you stay clear of them to avoid the "alright, see you later", again.

Horrible. dry.gif

I have done that before. The other thing is chatting away to somebody who knows you but you cannot remember them. Embarassing.

Horrible. <_<

Ach I hate that. My strategy is to either go back to the start of the shop, or skip a random number of aisles so that you're far enough ahead of them. Its horrible stuff. <_<

The essay I'm currently writing is shite. The pass mark (it's just a straight pass or fail) is 40% so I have no incentive to try very hard to make it anything better than below average.

careful. there's shite and then there's shite.

make sure its the vaguely competent side of that line. rewriting essays when you're deep into a placement is hellish -been there.

No toilet paper or kitchen roll, found a packet of tissues tho, but the have some kind of oil on them to stop your nose from gettin fucked.....not sure how this will turn out

Menthol and Eucalyptus....kinda stings

Edited by Tamdunk

The essay I'm currently writing is shite. The pass mark (it's just a straight pass or fail) is 40% so I have no incentive to try very hard to make it anything better than below average.

Without stealing Law Stud's thunder. How in the name of fuck is 40% a pass at anything. As some poster said there's shite and there's shite. You simply need to be slightly better than an abysmal fail.

If I'd got 39% in an exam I wouldn't have went home to break that news. That's a d and it should be on the front of a big pointy hat on a diddy in the corner.

It's a pointless exercise that we're just being made for the sake of it. Understanding the general concept of the topic is important, but there is no need to write a 4000 word essay on it. I think they're just making us to it to prove we've actually read the stuff, rather than because they want to read and articulate critique of it.

It's a postgrad course, so they know we're literate. Writing another essay isn't going to help us, it's just a box ticking exercise.