Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People that get on the train and ask if the train is for a certain station, when it is clearly stated on the boards. Can guarantee it will happen 4/5 days of the working week.

Paisley Gilmour / Canal St inparticular by any chance?

Tbf, it's annoying when you often get trains for different places waiting at the same platform and you have to wait a while for the numerous stops to pass by on the on-board screens to see what the last one is. I can understand why somebody would see their train on the big screen saying it's Platform 7 and then ask when there's a line of different trains at platform 7.

When you turn up at a pedestrian crossing, find a whole pile of folk waiting and nobody's pushed the button yet.

or the other way about when they press the button and then cross before the lights change :angry:

OR walk past the pedestrian crossing and press the button having no intention of crossing :guns

Paisley Gilmour / Canal St inparticular by any chance?

Tbf, it's annoying when you often get trains for different places waiting at the same platform and you have to wait a while for the numerous stops to pass by on the on-board screens to see what the last one is. I can understand why somebody would see their train on the big screen saying it's Platform 7 and then ask when there's a line of different trains at platform 7.

I still have no idea which is the front and rear end of a platform.

or the other way about when they press the button and then cross before the lights change :angry:

OR walk past the pedestrian crossing and press the button having no intention of crossing :guns

The worst people are the ones that cross when I'm stood there with my child telling him that he must wait for the green man. I don't give a shit if they do it when there's no kids around to see it (regardless if it's my child or not) but when it's clear that a parent is trying to teach their child to use the crossing safely, show a bit of common sense and set an example. I know it's no one else's job to teach my son to cross the road, it'd just be nice if people could see that I'm trying to do it and not piss all over my point.

Charlie does say, however, "that man is naughty!" at the top of his voice when someone crosses the road on the red man, but that's only because I've not taught him to say "is an arsehole" yet.

I understand the sentiment and why you would hope that someone would wait to help your child understand but if there was no traffic then I would be crossing the road, particularly if I was specifically going somewhere and I wouldn't expect anyone really to wait unless they weren't actually trying to get somewhere. Do you ever get people actually waiting in your experiences?

I understand the sentiment and why you would hope that someone would wait to help your child understand but if there was no traffic then I would be crossing the road, particularly if I was specifically going somewhere and I wouldn't expect anyone really to wait unless they weren't actually trying to get somewhere. Do you ever get people actually waiting in your experiences?

Most of the time, yes they do actually. Once people see what I'm trying to do they're generally kind enough to respect that. There are some though that are obviously too important to wait so they don't, regardless of the traffic. You get folk dodging between cars to get where they're going without a care for the drivers that just miss them or the kids that might be watching.

The worst people are the ones that cross when I'm stood there with my child telling him that he must wait for the green man. I don't give a shit if they do it when there's no kids around to see it (regardless if it's my child or not) but when it's clear that a parent is trying to teach their child to use the crossing safely, show a bit of common sense and set an example. I know it's no one else's job to teach my son to cross the road, it'd just be nice if people could see that I'm trying to do it and not piss all over my point.

Charlie does say, however, "that man is naughty!" at the top of his voice when someone crosses the road on the red man, but that's only because I've not taught him to say "is an arsehole" yet.

I agree with Mrs M

a few years ago i was waiting to cross the road at a junction, but a car decided to mount the pavement and smash into me and a friend. if it wasn't for the traffic light taking the brunt of the impact, well let's just say the chances of me being here right now would have been zero.

I always wait for the green man and have a look both ways. It's a good habit to have. the amount of people i see taking a chance and running out in front of a car or bus to cross the road especially in the city center frightens me! especially when one set of lights have a timer on it telling you exactly when you can cross

Folk have misinterpreted what I was trying to say. If there's any sort of traffic I'll wait because I also hate it (particularly when driving) when folk weave in and out of traffic instead of waiting 2 mins for the lights. But if there is no traffic coming either way then I just can't stand and wait for the lights when it's perfectly safe to cross, especially when I've got somewhere to be. I do like walking fast and getting from place to place as quickly as possible in general though. The less time spent walking somewhere, the more time to do stuff basically.

I've probably said this before but it pisses me off when I wait because there's a wee kid and parent and the parent gets impatient and takes them over whilst it's still red when I would have already crossed .

I agree with Mrs M

a few years ago i was waiting to cross the road at a junction, but a car decided to mount the pavement and smash into me and a friend. if it wasn't for the traffic light taking the brunt of the impact, well let's just say the chances of me being here right now would have been zero.

I always wait for the green man and have a look both ways. It's a good habit to have. the amount of people i see taking a chance and running out in front of a car or bus to cross the road especially in the city center frightens me! especially when one set of lights have a timer on it telling you exactly when you can cross

I was in Dublin a couple of weeks ago and I've never seen such a suicidal group of people with regards to crossing during a red man.

At least in Cairo / Asia it's acceptable to walk across a road hoaching with traffic, otherwise you can't get to the other side unless you were born there. When I was told "you have to walk out at a steady pace and the cars move around you" I was thought "like f*** will I be doing that!". Right enough though but the first time doing it is terrifying. I even saw a woman walk out into a busy highway and flagging down a taxi with one hand whilst holding a baby in the other arm. Mental.

I was in Dublin a couple of weeks ago and I've never seen such a suicidal group of people with regards to crossing during a red man.

At least in Cairo / Asia it's acceptable to walk across a road hoaching with traffic, otherwise you can't get to the other side unless you were born there. When I was told "you have to walk out at a steady pace and the cars move around you" I was thought "like f*** will I be doing that!". Right enough though but the first time doing it is terrifying. I even saw a woman walk out into a busy highway and flagging down a taxi with one hand whilst holding a baby in the other arm. Mental.

Mexico City is terrifying. 8 lane highways with no crossing points. They do weave around you though..

Typical Subcrawl behaviour IMO.

Been said before, but people who ask questions on facebook when typing the same question into google would give them the answer they seek.

Or even the P&B 'Quick Question' thread...... :rolleyes:

I've been unemployed for 3 weeks, had my first interview yesterday and have been told that if I'm successful, ill have to wait 2 weeks to start work. I'm bored as feck already. God knows what I'm going to be like by then

Probably mentioned earlier in this thread, cyclists on the pavement! Especially those travelling at speed. Fair enough if it's a little kid, adults on bikes should be on the road. Clotheslines should be issued to adult cyclists barreling down pavements.

I still have no idea which is the front and rear end of a platform.

Not sure if serious. If so, the front train is the train that is the front of the two trains waiting at the platform and will be the first to leave. Simple. :)