Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Try flinging some shite at her, that should speed things up.

Nah it would probably just lead to everyone merrily flinging it at each other before they all collapse in a heaving mass of chuckling shite-people who burst into song and don't finish shopping hours after they intended

I only need one sentence to make this point in September:

BOOK YOUR CHRISTMAS DINNER HERE NOW.

Don't see why people get annoyed at this. You wouldn't bat an eyelid at the adverts for summer holidays in December, so why get annoyed at this. In fact, "Christmas comes earlier every year" is far more annoying than the actual adverts.

Also, it works as a business plan. A pub in Lancaster is advertising that it has less than 30 covers left for Christmas Day, and I'm sure it won't be the only one.

Don't see why people get annoyed at this. You wouldn't bat an eyelid at the adverts for summer holidays in December, so why get annoyed at this. In fact, "Christmas comes earlier every year" is far more annoying than the actual adverts.

Also, it works as a business plan. A pub in Lancaster is advertising that it has less than 30 covers left for Christmas Day, and I'm sure it won't be the only one.

Mainly because it makes such a long build up to an overhyped single day rather than something for a fortnight such as your holidays. It's the overhyping which does it for me.

I suppose it's handy for admin staff looking to book company dinners well in advance though. I know my company's was already booked a couple of weeks ago.

As an aside after putting up with a few years of this, I'd be quite happy to dump Christmas anyway. I'm not a Christian and I'm not a fan of the hypocrisy that goes with it. Such early advertising only helps reinforce that Christmas is now just a giant money making scheme for the majority of people rather than a religious festival.

So from that I shall add: Non-Christians who make a big deal out of Christmas. Ba humbug.

Mainly because it makes such a long build up to an overhyped single day rather than something for a fortnight such as your holidays. It's the overhyping which does it for me.

I suppose it's handy for admin staff looking to book company dinners well in advance though. I know my company's was already booked a couple of weeks ago.

As an aside after putting up with a few years of this, I'd be quite happy to dump Christmas anyway. I'm not a Christian and I'm not a fan of the hypocrisy that goes with it. Such early advertising only helps reinforce that Christmas is now just a giant money making scheme for the majority of people rather than a religious festival.

So from that I shall add: Non-Christians who make a big deal out of Christmas. Ba humbug.

But presents...

And a decent scran...

And getting pished...

I'm getting rather pissed off with sun cream at the moment. Putting it on is labour intensive. Trying to do anything whilst coated is near impossible and boy does it sting when it gets in yer eyes.

Sun cream sucks.

This, so very much this. Summer is round the corner and I hate having to put it on myself but I now have a two year old. Have you ever tried putting sun cream on a two year old? You'd have more luck trying to grease up a live fish.

I'm getting rather pissed off with sun cream at the moment. Putting it on is labour intensive. Trying to do anything whilst coated is near impossible and boy does it sting when it gets in yer eyes.

Sun cream sucks.

Unless you're lying on a sunbed in a hot foreign country then I'm sort of wondering why the feck you're putting it on, at the moment.

Guest The Phoenix
He's in Egypt. Surprised you've missed that. He's only mentioned it the 6,000 times.

Undercover agent for the SPFL, researching the pyramid structure.

It's also brutal when there's a massive queue behind you and the yap on the checkout scans your stuff through at snails pace, making observations and comments on every item of your shopping about how good a deal they are or how the checkout yap made a great stew for her, her man & her 3 bairns with the same steak you've bought. All the while you've got other stuff to do, are choking to get home, feel like you've been packing the same bag for 10mins, and feel like a complete c**t as a frustrated queue of folk is now backing up in the aisles!!!

I think they're aware of it, but the problem is that they have to do it or else they'll be marked down whenever they get assessed for not 'connecting with the customer' or not 'building rapport' or other such shite. When I worked at Iceland a few ago, I was 'marked down' in a review for not engaging in pishy chat whenever I had to cover the tills. I just preferred to scan stuff through as quickly as possible and get away from them (the tills). I despised being on the tills.

People who queue up before they need, early morning swim at the Sports Centre is 7am and every time you see people standing at the doors at 645am. Do they think that one day the doors will somehow open early? If Iwere the staff I'd actually open up late every time.

People used to queue for up to half and hour before Iceland opened when I worked there. True, at least half of them did so as they were waiting to buy a 3 Litre bottle of Frosty Jack (was before the most recent revision to the licensing times), but others were just doing so for some unexplicable reason. On a Saturday and Sunday morning.

I think that for most people Christmas is nothing to do with religion. It's just a family holiday now.