Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

We are getting put through our CPC but new drivers need to get their own,I have one 7 hour traing day to do.

Yeah I meant as in HGV licensing.

I have a full PCV licence, but not sure what "truck" class I have... (See my edit above.)

Do I get a T-shirt?

You get access to the busiest and best part of the forum - the platinum members lounge.

The best tenner I spend all year :D

You get access to the busiest and best part of the forum - the platinum members lounge.

The best tenner I spend all year :D

Thats fucking tragic to be fair

C+E is articulated mate. You'll be C1 or C1E depending on what trailer weight you can pull.

yeah cheers bud.

I just googled it.

I have "grandfather rights" coz I'm an auld c**t :D ...

Looking at a career move at the tail end of this year so this opens up a few other avenues for me maybe :)

Sorry never seen the edit,no they will not put you through HGV.

No worries it seems I have C1E & a driver CPC, I also have multi drop experience...

So where do I sign

:P

Seriously though this has cheered me up, have another Vodka on me ;)

yeah cheers bud.

I just googled it.

I have "grandfather rights" coz I'm an auld c**t :D ...

Looking at a career move at the tail end of this year so this opens up a few other avenues for me maybe :)

The government have brought out a new ruling that every C1 driver has to have a CPC by September instead of the centre manager,it means that you have to do 35 hours classroom training before then to continue driving for a living.

The government have brought out a new ruling that every C1 driver has to have a CPC by September instead of the centre manager,it means that you have to do 35 hours classroom training before then to continue driving for a living.

Yeah I know.

I have my CPC, both professional & drivers.

My current role is transport manager in a minicoach company, we had to get the CPC by last September, you guys got an extra year.

Wait until you see how many more self-funded VOSA are on the road after September. They're going to make a killing.

Wait until you see how many more self-funded VOSA are on the road after September. They're going to make a killing.

We had them in our office in February checking all our driver CPC is up to date, they were decent to be fair, but then we were all up to date. :D

Also the driver CPC is a PTTGOYN.

It's pointless.

You can do the same 7hour course (ie. First Aid) 5 times & you're good to go.

It's ridiculous. Total cash cow. Health & Safety is my next and last one. Taking a pillow for that one.

It also instantly puts all those "semi-retired" guys who had a licence that you could call on to cover a shift now and again straight out of work, it's not worth it for them to put themselves through the CPC, & it's not worth it for any employer to pay either.