Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest XaaronPrimus
Have you heard of this thing called time differences?

Nothing to do with Time difference, it cos the yanks they have are lazy b*****ds :lol:

We used to get guys coming in at Midday ( was 6am their time) and reporting problems, and there'd normally be IT peeps in within an hour or so of that.

Whereabouts in the states are they?

Apologies to Rowan for my smart arse comment then!

I just assumed it would be a nine start for them as there's a five hour difference on the east coast.

It may well be. There is also the chance that it is a west coast company, so an 8hr time difference.

Edited by bluetooner

My future is apparently going to be decided tomorrow!

Got my phd interview tomorrow, and I have it on good authority from my potential supervisor that the dept. has narrowed the candidates down to.....me.

Apparently the interview tomorrow is all about finding out how committed I am to the project and how serious I am. If they think Im serious about it, and that I know enough about it, then apparently, they will offer me the fully funded studentship to research speech processing!

Im fecking worried now though, cant think about anything else! IF I get this tomorrow then I have the next 3 years of my life planned and funded, and I can go do some volunteer work for a couple months before I start back at work.

Arrrrrrrggghhh! The tension!

Guest The Phoenix
My future is apparently going to be decided tomorrow!

Got my phd interview tomorrow, and I have it on good authority from my potential supervisor that the dept. has narrowed the candidates down to.....me.

Apparently the interview tomorrow is all about finding out how committed I am to the project and how serious I am. If they think Im serious about it, and that I know enough about it, then apparently, they will offer me the fully funded studentship to research speech processing!

Im fecking worried now though, cant think about anything else! IF I get this tomorrow then I have the next 3 years of my life planned and funded, and I can go do some volunteer work for a couple months before I start back at work.

Arrrrrrrggghhh! The tension!

Awra best Mr xbl + lots more letters... oh and try not to reek of Glenmorangie at the interview.

Awra best Mr xbl + lots more letters... oh and try not to reek of Glenmorangie at the interview.

Cheers! Ill just be having a dram or two tonight while I read my research papers. Im also mulling over whether to trim my beard. Ive shaved the sides back to a scabby goatee, and Ive finally found some kitchen scissors...Do I chance trimming my goatee after a couple whiskies? Or do I leave it scruffy and unkempt.

It has to be said, I would sure like to be able to eat yoghurt again without having a spunky beard. Got to figure out how I would go about my research etc.

Guest The Phoenix
Cheers! Ill just be having a dram or two tonight while I read my research papers. Im also mulling over whether to trim my beard. Ive shaved the sides back to a scabby goatee, and Ive finally found some kitchen scissors...Do I chance trimming my goatee after a couple whiskies? Or do I leave it scruffy and unkempt.

It has to be said, I would sure like to be able to eat yoghurt again without having a spunky beard. Got to figure out how I would go about my research etc.

Have you looked out your Harris Tweed Jacket with leather elbow patches and your green corduroy trousers with shiney bits? :unsure:

Have you looked out your Harris Tweed Jacket with leather elbow patches and your green corduroy trousers with shiney bits? :unsure:

:lol:

Nope, but I have looked out my good black shoes, fancy black trousers, have got socks that match and have no holes, and am deciding what shirt to wear. I think an open collar (no tie) respectable blue job would do the job.

This is probably not the time or place for my fluorescent green synthetic shirt! :ph34r:

Edited to add...

Never has the expression 'shaved monkey in a suit' been more apt! Look out world, xbl is rejoining the respectable human race!

Edited by xbl

Guest The Phoenix
:lol:

Nope, but I have looked out my good black shoes, fancy black trousers, have got socks that match and have no holes, and am deciding what shirt to wear. I think an open collar (no tie) respectable blue job would do the job.

This is probably not the time or place for my fluorescent green synthetic shirt! :ph34r:

Edited to add...

Never has the expression 'shaved monkey in a suit' been more apt! Look out world, xbl is rejoining the respectable human race!

Dressed like that I'd go on the pull on the way home. ;)

Guest The Phoenix
I go straight back from the interview to me job on the docks! Working till 9pm to make up the hours I missed while at said interview.

All work and no play makes whisky bottle an attractive companion. :(

All work and no play makes whisky bottle an attractive companion. :(

Does at the mo! Im on from 8am till 9pm for the rest of the week, with possibly overtime on Saturday. Its event driven work, so Ill be back to normal shifts soon, but it fair takes it out of you!

Guest The Phoenix
Does at the mo! Im on from 8am till 9pm for the rest of the week, with possibly overtime on Saturday. Its event driven work, so Ill be back to normal shifts soon, but it fair takes it out of you!

Just think of the bank balance. :D

I smell a new(er) car coming on.

This is fairly worrying but quite funny. I had a dream last night that I was on some form of quiz show and you were the host. You asked the question 'What do Staedtler make?'

I answered 'pens' but the correct answer was stationary and then the dream seemed to merge into me beinging in the audiance of 'Golden Balls', the quiz show. I remember thinking how hot one of the female conestants were. (She was actually on yesterday) :wub:

:lol: Aye, thats worrying all right! I can honestly say that no matter how inspirational you are, I have never dreamed about anyone on here.

Just think of the bank balance. :D

I smell a new(er) car coming on.

I COULD do that...or I could blow the money on paying for a month or two abroad doing some voluntary work. I fancy a holiday, but Im shit at holidays...so I might just pay to go and do some work in a different country.

Guest The Phoenix
:lol: Aye, thats worrying all right! I can honestly say that no matter how inspirational you are, I have never dreamed about anyone on here.

I COULD do that...or I could blow the money on paying for a month or two abroad doing some voluntary work. I fancy a holiday, but Im shit at holidays...so I might just pay to go and do some work in a different country.

New Car / Orphanage in Romania.

Fucking toughie that one! ;)

Guest The Phoenix
I dream about people on here all the time. When you think, it's not really that surprising considering having a quick check on p&b is normally the last thing I do before I go to bed.

Don't you need to know what someone looks like before you can dream about them? :unsure:

I dream about people on here all the time. When you think, it's not really that surprising considering having a quick check on p&b is normally the last thing I do before I go to bed.

Hmm, true enough. Ive been alone in the house for the last couple weeks and I cant be bothered going out that much (tired after work), so generally I come on p&b at nights to keep me company without making an effort to be social.

However, Ive also been drinking whisky at nights, and so unusually for me, I dont think IVe remembered a single dream Ive had in recent nights. Thats the drink doing its job and keeping the evil voices away! B)

Wonder whether Ive been dreaming p&bers about in my repressed memory....

Hmm, true enough. Ive been alone in the house for the last couple weeks and I cant be bothered going out that much (tired after work), so generally I come on p&b at nights to keep me company without making an effort to be social.

However, Ive also been drinking whisky at nights, and so unusually for me, I dont think IVe remembered a single dream Ive had in recent nights. Thats the drink doing its job and keeping the evil voices away! B)

Wonder whether Ive been dreaming p&bers about in my repressed memory....

I didn`t realise you had been drinking whisky at night.

You`ve not mentioned it before.

Guest The Phoenix
You do, but I've met a fair whack of people from p&b so know what almost all the most frequent posters look like.

I've yet to meet xbl but have seen a picture of his impressive beard and Rory McGrath style haircut.

You are distinctly advantaged by not knowing what I look like - guaranteed nightmare time. :(

I didn`t realise you had been drinking whisky at night.

You`ve not mentioned it before.

:ph34r: Aye, may have mentioned it once or twice....its damn good stuff though!

Jesus, Im obviously headed for a southstander style breakdown. Either that or Ive become Adam "Im moving to Italy y'know" Wee. Either one is not welcome...so no more mention of whisky on here!