Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

A quick check of my passport yesterday made me realise, that it expires in 5 months. As I'm travelling outside the EU this weekend, I've now got to go to Glasgow this morning, in order to get a same day express passport.

I travel frequently, therefore should have noticed this ages ago.

^^^^ International man of mystery type post

Either that or a "trolley dolly".

Someone at my work is retiring. Hence the usual people buying leaving gifts and the novelty card signed by all.

I've started a war by not chipping in, or signing the card cause I don't know them.

For f**k sakes

Someone at my work is retiring. Hence the usual people buying leaving gifts and the novelty card signed by all.

I've started a war by not chipping in, or signing the card cause I don't know them.

For f**k sakes

I genuinely get this about once/twice a month. I work in a 7 floor office with a good few hundred on each floor. When someone leaves or retires the cards/collection envelopes get passed around the whole building with a sheet to score your name off on.

Not chipped in once, Not known one person that's retired. If I ever leave I'll make sure that whoever is sorting it out doesn't have it passed around all the floors and make me look like I've got a real brass neck asking randoms for cash.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

I genuinely get this about once/twice a month. I work in a 7 floor office with a good few hundred on each floor. When someone leaves or retires the cards/collection envelopes get passed around the whole building with a sheet to score your name off on.

Not chipped in once, Not known one person that's retired. If I ever leave I'll make sure that whoever is sorting it out doesn't have it passed around all the floors and make me look like I've got a real brass neck asking randoms for cash.

f**k it.....you ain't seeing 98% of them again get a good start for a night out with your pals and let the silly buggers all throw in a pound

f**k it.....you ain't seeing 98% of them again get a good start for a night out with your pals and let the silly buggers all throw in a pound

Exactly, get a mate to spread a rumour you've got cancer as well.

Stephens The Bakers, yes that one.

They moved the bakehouse to Rosyth a few years ago and have a shop on the same location.

The other day I was queuing, wanting a couple of filled rolls for lunch and observed a lassie behind the counter with a preoccupation for scratching her head, there was a sizeable queue and I feared I may get the skanky bint.

As the line diminished it was between me and another guy who was to be served by the mink, it was him.

At the same time that she asked him what he wanted she scratched the inside of her nostril with a thumbnail and wiped it on her pinny, I almost wretched and as a result I walked out.

I shall not be back.

I work in a supermarket. Was due to finish at 11 tonight and was stacking some crates of juice and suchlike in the back just before I left. Second last crate was some 2 litre bottles of Coke. Put it on the shelf and suddenly one of the bottles exploded, soaking me and everything within 10 feet of me. Had to stay to clean it all, and now have to go back for a 7 hour shift tomorrow while stinking of Coke since I won't have time to wash my uniform.

I work in a supermarket. Was due to finish at 11 tonight and was stacking some crates of juice and suchlike in the back just before I left. Second last crate was some 2 litre bottles of Coke. Put it on the shelf and suddenly one of the bottles exploded, soaking me and everything within 10 feet of me. Had to stay to clean it all, and now have to go back for a 7 hour shift tomorrow while stinking of Coke since I won't have time to wash my uniform.

trying-not-to-laugh-o.gif

Selfie sticks

Probably the stupidest invention ever and I can't stand anyone who uses them

edit: Thankfully my opinion of them seems to be shared by Corey Taylor (Slipknot/Stone Sour) who gave this quote about them during an interview with NME:

""Oh my fucking god, selfie sticks, f**k me. Whenever I see one, I'm like "seriously?! There’s a whole fucking industry making hundreds of thousand dollars probably every day just so we can take big fucking pictures of our own stupid faces?!" What the f**k is that? It’s a dumb invention. What the f**k is wrong with us?"

Edited by Daniel Carmichael

When I was a pup, I worked in Safeway after school. I was putting 2l bottles of Irn Bru on the shelf and knicked one of them with my Stanley knife when I was opening the case.

You can't imagine how quickly 2l of fizzy juice can get out of a tiny cut in a plastic bottle.

Children. That's what's doing my box in. My youngest boy has a fascination with emptying shower gel out of the bottle, twice he's done it now.

This morning he emptied a full bottle down the toilet, accompanied with a full toilet roll. Took me the best part of an hour to get the water away.

Waiting for the absolute c**t from downstairs coming up to moan about the water leaking down when he gets out his wanking chariot. Feeling quite pissed off naturally, so might just leather the c**t if he starts.

A quick check of my passport yesterday made me realise, that it expires in 5 months. As I'm travelling outside the EU this weekend, I've now got to go to Glasgow this morning, in order to get a same day express passport.

I travel frequently, therefore should have noticed this ages ago.

^^^^ International man of mystery type post

Either that or a "trolley dolly".

Hello Sailor