Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Left the car window open when I came back from lunch because it is so warm. It just tipped down with a bouncing off the streets type of rainfall. Only took a minute for me to get to the car and sort it, but the seat was drenched already. Oops

Someone brought cakes in cause it was their birthday and someone ate all but one bite of a yum yum and then put it back in the tray...

This kind of shite behaviour goes on in my workplace too, only with jam doughnuts, which someone always brings in and leaves for staff consumption. Without fail, at the end of the day there will be a bite sized piece with jam oozing out of it left in the packet.

Not an issue for much longer mind you, my Petty Thing is I found out yesterday my place of work is to close at the end of August. Redundancies ahoy!

Good to hear.

It's still exceptionally easy to not drink though.

It's as exceptionally easy to drink as it is to not drink.

Left the car window open when I came back from lunch because it is so warm. It just tipped down with a bouncing off the streets type of rainfall. Only took a minute for me to get to the car and sort it, but the seat was drenched already. Oops

The key is to only roll down each front window by about 1 or 2 inches, thus allowing a breeze to enter the car and also minimise any potential soakings from tropical storms.

Oh another thing about these c***s I work with is that there is forever collections going round for folk leaving and retiring and doing sponsored events etc but when my mate put round a card for me for my wedding they all just signed it and never stuck a penny in. Now I wasnt wanting anything from them as I had no idea about the card but the fact that they put money into other stuff willy nilly and then leave me high and dry is just outty order likes.

It must be thats the utter fanny and they're all sound. Go figure.

looks like you're the fanny

I quite admired a guy who worked at our place years ago. Started on the Wednesday, we all got paid on Thursday but he had to do the week in hand so was broke and asked if he could borrow a twenty to get him through. Hard to say no when you've just opened your pay packet, so I handed it over. Turned out he did the same with almost everyone in the building. Never saw him again.

He tells me he had a great night

post-45629-0-95371700-1435762860_thumb.p

On the work thing, and I'm sure I mentioned this before, some auld c**t who had been there for 30+ years (and was a highly distinguished professional) got £90 in a whip-round last year when he retired. Shortly after that, some admin bint got £300 when she moved to another department along the fucking corridor.

Two other admin bints, let's call one of them Linda with the pert tits and nice arse, and the other one Bawface, got married this month and achieved nearly a fucking grand between them.

I only contributed to Linda for obvious reasons. I felt like she'd earned it.

looks like you'll be getting f**k all.

As we are taking about work, supplier let me down last week, not for the first time, therefore my suffer.

Boss turned round and said why didn't you deal with this before it happened. That's fine, but when his wife that's the program developer it's actually her job to find new suppliers.

I'll take on the chin, and screw then in another way later.

At least it's sunny 8)

Edited by SlipperyP

We had a guy whose wife died a few weeks before Christmas leaving him with 3 kids. He's in his mid 30s and didn't have family around.

Anyway, they had a whip round to get his kids stuff for Christmas and one of the admin staff (nice legs, no tits) said she wasn't going to donate anything because they would be getting her inheritance. I think the oldest kid was about 8.

Staggering the self-serving excuses that people dream up for being utter c***s.

They obviously know they are too, or they wouldn't need to bother with the excuses.

I was attacked by a seagull whilst I was walking from my motor to my work this morning.

Mugged by a gull, then accused of being from Kirkcaldy.

I really hope the rest of your day was better, KB.