Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

All you are doing here is admitting that you were willing to overtake one cyclist where it was not suitable to do so and not giving enough room.

No he's not admitting that at all. You're accusing him of that, there's a difference.

All you are doing here is admitting that you were willing to overtake one cyclist where it was not suitable to do so and not giving enough room.

I drive for a living. I was in my car yesterday and the bikes made it impossible to pass with their behaviour on the road. I respect all road users but these guys were at it. I could not have passed in my van or truck.

No he's not admitting that at all. You're accusing him of that, there's a difference.

You were correct

I drive for a living. I was in my car yesterday and the bikes made it impossible to pass with their behaviour on the road. I respect all road users but these guys were at it. I could not have passed in my van or truck.

You were correct

Those precious seconds must have made a big impact on your day?

Those precious seconds must have made a big impact on your day?

It isn't even that. Why cycle in a manor that blocks the road. Why undertake in the city? Bikes want drivers to be blamed for an accident.

It isn't even that. Why cycle in a manor that blocks the road. Why undertake in the city? Bikes want drivers to be blamed for an accident.

I think you are veering off into a rant here. If you can't handle waiting a few seconds before safely overtaking cyclist (two abreast or otherwise) then you should consider whether you are safe to be driving.

I think you are veering off into a rant here. If you can't handle waiting a few seconds before safely overtaking cyclist (two abreast or otherwise) then you should consider whether you are safe to be driving.

You seem to fall into the 'cyclists can do no wrong' camp.

There's lots of inconsiderate road usage by drivers and by cyclists. There is no reason for them to be riding two abreast other than twattishness.

You seem to fall into the 'cyclists can do no wrong' camp.

There's lots of inconsiderate road usage by drivers and by cyclists. There is no reason for them to be riding two abreast other than twattishness.

You are correct I will ignore him.

The quickest way to get cyclists banned from main roads would be to say you can't pass them unless there's no oncoming traffic.

Most cyclists i have seen are mainly idiots with hee haw idea of the highway code and should be made to sit the theory test before being allowed on the road.

To drive a motorised vehicle on the road you need to pass the theory before the practical but as its pedal power apparently no knowledge is needed, all you need is one of the most risky road going transport modes on the road and less knowledge than the folks controlling the more common vehicles. Mental

Most cyclists i have seen are mainly idiots with hee haw idea of the highway code and should be made to sit the theory test before being allowed on the road.

To drive a motorised vehicle on the road you need to pass the theory before the practical but as its pedal power apparently no knowledge is needed, all you need is one of the most risky road going transport modes on the road and less knowledge than the folks controlling the more common vehicles. Mental

80% of cyclists hold a driving licence so most cyclists have sat a theory test and should have a working knowledge of the highway code.

Cyclists are arseholes to a man.

The last time i had an argument about theory tests with a cyclist about highway code i was accused of threatening them. All i said was you cycle through a red light on your bike in lycra against a half ton car you have no idea of stopping distance and let me know how you get on..

80% of cyclists hold a driving licence so most cyclists have sat a theory test and should have a working knowledge of the highway code.

So why ignore it? Most ones i see in Edinburgh ignore it

I've no idea, perhaps it's a mindset.

I just don't like the us and them thing when it would be closer to say us and us.

I agree with the sentiment of us and us. Thats why i think that cyclists should take the theory.

In the end its for the roads most vulnerable users own safety. Nothing nasty just dont know why most of the ones i see think sticking a camera on helmet forgoes road use knowledge.

Cyclists are arseholes to a man.

This. They seem to believe, no matter the circumstances, anyone in a car is in the wrong. When theres a group of them its even worse, I've had a group of four side by side cycling down the road then they have a go at me for "being up their arse".