Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest God is a bairn
If it possible to have any sort of complaint at this time, it's that I misread the price of a bottle of perume and paid 130 Euros for it.

why thank you squire

People who tell you their live story within the first hour or so of meeting them.

I was at the first night of my Evening Class last night and within the first hour I know one guy is; divorced

an ex policeman

never got promoted

not a mason

up to his eyes in debt

blah blah fucking blah

It's going to be a long 32 week course.

Got a rejection letter for a job I had recently applied for. Given that I met all the criteria I thought I would at least get an interview before they rejected me. Oh well.

Oh, and woman too! Bunch of confused muppets!

Got a rejection letter for a job I had recently applied for. Given that I met all the criteria I thought I would at least get an interview before they rejected me. Oh well.

Did you meet the desirable criteria too? If they received a high number of applicants they would assess on both sets of criteria and then it would probably go down to experience in said field..

Guest XaaronPrimus

You lucky slagger.

I don't even get rejection letters :(

Did you meet the desirable criteria too? If they received a high number of applicants they would assess on both sets of criteria and then it would probably go down to experience in said field..

I meet everything, both essential and desirable, bar one desirable criteria which was giving evidence in court which I wouldn't have thought too many people would have had.

I thought I would be good for at least an interview. I have asked, nicely of course, if they could elaborate on the shortcomings of my application.

I meet everything, both essential and desirable, bar one desirable criteria which was giving evidence in court which I wouldn't have thought too many people would have had.

I thought I would be good for at least an interview. I have asked, nicely of course, if they could elaborate on the shortcomings of my application.

Vacancy was probably already filled, but they still had to advertise it.

Vacancy was probably already filled, but they still had to advertise it.

Hmmm. (I think) I know that with the SE they advertise internally and if no one applies they then advertise to the public. I wondered if that was the same here? Perhaps LM can clarify.

Coucnil vacancies have to be advertised. Of course, that doesn't mean the internal candidate hasn't already been chosen.

Cheers.

Sara Cox. Someone I would never tire of punching.

Indeed. The only thing I hate more than Radio 1 is Radio 1 when she is on.

Hmmm. (I think) I know that with the SE they advertise internally and if no one applies they then advertise to the public. I wondered if that was the same here? Perhaps LM can clarify.

Aye, that's true. They have the choice of whether to go for an internal or external advert.

Coucnil vacancies have to be advertised. Of course, that doesn't mean the internal candidate hasn't already been chosen.
Generally, if this was the case, and it does happen a lot, they'd have chosen to advertise it internally. Although, if the candidate wanted was a friend of someone, rather than an employee of the Council, it would have to be an external advert.

I'm fucking close to walking out of here today. The next week and a half cannot go quick enough. The way I've just been spoken to is totally unacceptable, and by someone that the issue didn't involve either. If not for the fact I want to leave on good terms, I'd have told her to f**k off and walked out there and then.

I'm fucking close to walking out of here today. The next week and a half cannot go quick enough. The way I've just been spoken to is totally unacceptable, and by someone that the issue didn't involve either. If not for the fact I want to leave on good terms, I'd have told her to f**k off and walked out there and then.

I've got just under 3 weeks left before I start my new job and I'm having to seriously bite my tongue. I work in a pretty tight knit field and although I will never work for my current employers ever again I will have to deal with the some of the same folk no doubt :(

Shower of useless fannyholes I tell you :rolleyes: