Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I did a Google search there and found that The Partick Tavern is now The Bag o' Nails and The Dowanhill is called Sparkle Horse...Sparkle fucking Horse! 

Lot of gentrification of pubs around there going on back when I lived there. Price of a pint about doubled over that time too.

27 minutes ago, throbber said:

All this pub snobbery from KB crashed the site for a good 60 seconds there.

17 minutes ago, throbber said:

KB is obviously trembling with fear and not able to follow this up.

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous comment regarding the word "snob". 

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous comment regarding the word "snob". 

My perception of you has changed from a gruff Weegie Rangers supporter to one of the banter boys from Chewin the Fat. I bet you have never even set foot in Edinburgh as you view it as Scotlands Midden Seat.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

My perception of you has changed from a gruff Weegie Rangers supporter to one of the banter boys from Chewin the Fat. I bet you have never even set foot in Edinburgh as you view it as Scotlands Midden Seat.

When I worked in Edinburgh it was always Lady Lawson Street, so lunch time was always in the pubs around there. They were just pubs that happened to have strippers, rather than strip bars. After work I spread my wings a bit more.

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

When I worked in Edinburgh it was always Lady Lawson Street, so lunch time was always in the pubs around there. They were just pubs that happened to have strippers, rather than strip bars. After work I spread my wings a bit more.

The area known as the Pubic Triangle.

2 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

BJ's RIP.  

I lived near Anniesland Cross for a while and I think I went into BJs twice.  First time I went in it was like a flashback to the 70s and full of guys older and more raddled than me.  Plus it had John Smith's Bitter masquerading as heavy.  Awful, awful place.

At least the Esquire has decent beer.  Christmas Day there, though, and you have the saddest collection of middle aged losers in the world...aye, me included...desperate for human contact before they head back to open the Fray Bentos pie in a tin.

2 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I lived near Anniesland Cross for a while and I think I went into BJs twice.  First time I went in it was like a flashback to the 70s and full of guys older and more raddled than me.  Plus it had John Smith's Bitter masquerading as heavy.  Awful, awful place.

At least the Esquire has decent beer.  Christmas Day there, though, and you have the saddest collection of middle aged losers in the world...aye, me included...desperate for human contact before they head back to open the Fray Bentos pie in a tin.

Most on here won't remember when pubs shut during the day.

On way home from work tonight I discovered to my horror that one of the houses in the next street have put there Xmas lights up.

Was tempted to 'do a Grimbo'.

There has been a house in Dumfries who've had their decorations up since the end of October. I'd love to be making that up. Absolutely shambolic behaviour.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Mind when last orders was 10.30 during the week an aw? I was in The Royal on Totty Rd back in the day & we got our usual lock-in & it got raided by them polis c***s, we all got names an addresses taken & we was plannin a whip round to help out with the landlords fine but by the time it was s'pose to go to court they'd changed the licencing laws to 11pm & it never went. Chester's dark mild, fucking gorgeous.

Grimbo

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

11 till 2 then 5 till 10.

There was a pub near Rutherglen station that would open all the doors at 9.45 and start screaming " last orders "

Cue trays of 2 pints per person and a few shorts

Just now, WILLIEA said:

11 till 2 then 5 till 10.

There was a pub near Rutherglen station that would open all the doors at 9.45 and start screaming " last orders "

Cue trays of 2 pints per person and a few shorts

Wasn't it 2.30 closing or was that closing time over the border?