Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm not known for being a patient sort, so it was astounding to me that after that lesson I didn't hit him. I think it was only shock that prevented me. And during the lesson I was driving so didn't fancy crashing for the sake of punching a fat, racist, bigot.

Third time lucky, hopefully you get a better time passing your driving test. That instructor sounds like a laugh a minute, it's not often you meet people who are completely out there and honest about their views.

I'd paid for a block of lessons before the first one as well, so had the choice of listening to his bile for a few lessons then moving on or saying goodbye to my dolla dolla. A genuine fruitcake. I said to him straight away "I bet you're from Drumchapel" and I was spot on. They're all like that in the Drum.

Yeah, there's a whole culture of that in Drumchapel. There was a Catholic church there and it was like Rhourke's Drift. The priest had to get private security and survival training from ex-military. They taught him how to always carry coins in his pocket to chuck at attackers. He told me all about it when he was drunk once. His primary aged niece was in the church house garden one day when a grown man climbed the wall and started calling her a "****** bitch". It's like Larkhall but in Glasgow.

Move to Airdrie.

In fairness, is he not from the East Coast? Aside from a few pockets in Lothian it's much more of a West Central phenomenon than elsewhere that kind of behaviour. I have seen sectarian bigotry in North and South Scotland, but never to the same extent.

4 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Worst. Advice. Ever.

We're working on some plans to increase tourism in the Buckfast Triangle.

Eta: Come to Airdrie. You'll feel better about yourself!

What do you think?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

What do you think?

I did a crude MSPaint picture on Facebook a while back that had the Welcome to Clydebank sign and I'd added "at least it's not Drumchapel". Everyone agreed that it was very droll and much mirth was made.

What do you think?

It seems that every time I go to Airdrie I return even more depressed than when I went. More to do with the football than the town itself to be honest.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What do you think?

I'd go for. Come To Airdrie, At Least It's Not Larkhall.

I always found the sign as you head into North Ayrshire after Wemyss Bay a bit weird. It says "Gateway to Arran"

Is the best you can do to sell your area of the country is "It's so good here the best thing we can say about it is it's the best place to get somewhere else"

Also a wummin came into the hospital and she was stupid, ugly and really fucking smelly. Put me off my tea.

Coming through Bankieville yesterday from the very bottom of the town up through the town centre I saw a junkie offering an immigrant a square go, a family shouting at each other in the street, an alcy couple drinking cans of white cider in a lane and loads of feral kids. It's comforting in a way to know that though the town looks very different from decades past, it's still fucking grim.

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What do you think?

I thought it was just drums and flutes they used?