Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

It's not like he has to go on the main road ffs, why not the Megabus route? Here's him on the bridge.

https://www.facebook.com/rollgoldieroll/videos/1842128346101859/

The clicking of the hazard lights could make the driver suicidal, hopefully.

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Headway provides rehabilitation and support programmes to survivors of brain injury, their families and carers. The charity is personally important to Mr Gouldsmith who lost his identical twin brother Jonathan following a head injury. Jonathan was knocked down and killed by a taxi in Llanelli while on leave from the army in April 2011. He was 24 years old.

Clearly an important lesson was learned then.

RE dishwashers; I also think that washing dishes in a sink is quite relaxing. But ultimately I'm lazy and pretty much everything goes in the dishwasher. My gripe is appliances that are now built to only last a few years. In the last few years i had to replace an oven and dishwasher that were both only 4 years old (don't buy Smeg), and the missus made us get an expensive condenser washing machine (we don't have a suitable vent space for a tumble drier) a few years ago that is already sounding a bit dodgy.

I'm sick of this culture of disposability. I don't expect things to last 20 years, but surely 5 - 10 years is reasonable?

Generally speaking I do the cooking (because I like cooking) and my wife takes the baby to get her bathed and changed, ready for bed etc after tea, whilst I sit and put on some music, or an audiobook or the radio, finish off whatever drink I had with tea and usually pour myself another one and just relax and clean the dishes.

4 minutes ago, milton75 said:

RE dishwashers; I also think that washing dishes in a sink is quite relaxing. But ultimately I'm lazy and pretty much everything goes in the dishwasher. My gripe is appliances that are now built to only last a few years. In the last few years i had to replace an oven and dishwasher that were both only 4 years old (don't buy Smeg), and the missus made us get an expensive condenser washing machine (we don't have a suitable vent space for a tumble drier) a few years ago that is already sounding a bit dodgy.

I'm sick of this culture of disposability. I don't expect things to last 20 years, but surely 5 - 10 years is reasonable?

I don't expect them to last years without maintenance either, but there's no service plan available like with MOT's with a car so far as I know, or clear instructions on what to do. After you call someone out to have a look it's usually cheaper just to buy a new one. Pleased to say we recently got a 40ish year old microwave fixed by Duncans in Inverness for not very much, they said it's still better quality than the new ones.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I don't expect them to last years without maintenance either, but there's no service plan available like with MOT's with a car so far as I know, or clear instructions on what to do. After you call someone out to have a look it's usually cheaper just to buy a new one. Pleased to say we recently got a 40ish year old microwave fixed by Duncans in Inverness for not very much, they said it's still better quality than the new ones.

Or not............

30 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Worst three:

Cleaning toilet
Cleaning bath
Ironing

Cleaning the toilet and bath takes seconds unless you leave it for 6 months. If you hang up clothes as soon as they're dry they don't need ironing.