Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The scenario - I had three lights on, one in the hall downstairs, one on the stairs and one on the landing. All three can be turned off at the downstairs switches, or the two hall and stairs lights at the downstairs switch and then the landing light at the upstairs switch.

Being a lazy bugger, I switch all three off downstairs and started on up to bed in the dark. Just at the bend at the top of the stairs, and all too late, I find one of my cats has been using the carpet for claw-sharpening purposes and has pulled it away from the step. I put my foot on the loose carpet and promptly slip onto my knees. Grabbing the wall for support, I suddenly rip a deep cut in my finger on an exposed picture hook, pull my hand away in a reflex movement of utter agony, gently topple backwards with all the inevitability of Newton's theory of gravity and bounce all the way downstairs on my head, spine and arse! :angry::(

After lying there stunned for a few minutes, I realise I am in danger of being stuck to the carpet by my pinkie's congealing puddle of blood and manage to crawl back upstairs on hands and somewhat grazed knees. :(

Anyone want a pair of black and tortoiseshell, cat shaped gloves for Christmas?! :ph34r::rolleyes:

You may now feel free to point and laugh! :rolleyes:

Might work but it sounds like Rowan might have caused some of the damage?

I warped one of our cabinet doors in our kitchen when I left the hot tap running and the sink overflowed, which was totally my own stupid fault.

Needless to say, upteen years later we still have a warped cabinet door in the kitchen. :lol:

It's beside the oven, and when I was in store sorting the order out with their instore kitchen specalist I asked if it needed a cover panel to protect it from the heat and they said no. It would have only cost 32 quid so it's not as if it was going to cost me much more had he said yes.

And the door that came out it's mountings we are lying about and we have ripped it out. Eh, no.

Had no problems with the last ikea kitchen I fitted and it was the cheapest kitchen they made, this was alot more expensive.

:angry:

Guest The Phoenix
The scenario - I had three lights on, one in the hall downstairs, one on the stairs and one on the landing. All three can be turned off at the downstairs switches, or the two hall and stairs lights at the downstairs switch and then the landing light at the upstairs switch.

Being a lazy bugger, I switch all three off downstairs and started on up to bed in the dark. Just at the bend at the top of the stairs, and all too late, I find one of my cats has been using the carpet for claw-sharpening purposes and has pulled it away from the step. I put my foot on the loose carpet and promptly slip onto my knees. Grabbing the wall for support, I suddenly rip a deep cut in my finger on an exposed picture hook, pull my hand away in a reflex movement of utter agony, gently topple backwards with all the inevitability of Newton's theory of gravity and bounce all the way downstairs on my head, spine and arse! :angry::(

After lying there stunned for a few minutes, I realise I am in danger of being stuck to the carpet by my pinkie's congealing puddle of blood and manage to crawl back upstairs on hands and somewhat grazed knees. :(

Anyone want a pair of black and tortoiseshell, cat shaped gloves for Christmas?! :ph34r::rolleyes:

You may now feel free to point and laugh! :rolleyes:

Cat's rule!

post-7951-1197889599_thumb.jpg

The scenario - I had three lights on, one in the hall downstairs, one on the stairs and one on the landing.

And so the fundamental moral of the story, make sure you have safety corks on your exposed picture hooks!

And so the fundamental moral of the story, make sure you have safety corks on your exposed picture hooks!

Saftey corks??!?? :huh:

Or even a picture? :rolleyes:

I did have pictures there. There were six of my framed Berwick shirts with relevant season's programmes in those massive clip frames you can get at Woolies. Then, come the Fives, Berwick Thistle needing strips, etc.....and no, I still have been too lazy to put them back up! :ph34r:

Edited by Kilt

You've never heard of safety corks? Health and Safety requires you to have a stock of safety corks (just like regular corks, but three times the price) handy at all times for emergencies.

Not until now, no! :blink:

And being in the Civil Service, we're not allowed to accept bungs...... :rolleyes::lol: Coat's on, smoke break beckons! :ph34r:

Guest BullyWee1878
Well if you can call perving on the burds on the Emirates Ticket desk and the British Midland lassies at Gate 31 actually 'working'....... :ph34r::rolleyes:;)

Fixed it for you ;)