Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I got woken up at 1.05am by shouting in the street adjacent to ours, then a car screeching up the road. No idea what it was, so just rolled over and went to go back to sleep until I heard the car come back, more shouting and the car screeching off again. I got up and had a look out the window, but couldn't actually see what it was because it was just out of view and I couldn't be arsed going to the living room for a better look. One of the voices I heard was asian, which made me think it was something to do with the shop across the road.

I got up this morning (after oversleeping thanks to being woken up during the night) and the shop was shut, and is still shut this evening. I still have no idea what's gone on and it's really annoying me because I'm so incredibly nosy.

Flatmate is running about trying to get in touch with his folks after a 6.8 earthquake hit where they live.

Bugger :(

Trying to use a lighter in the cold :(

:lol:

You've got to love P&B when these two incidents are being put in the same bracket.

Good. Smoking is a filthy, disgusting habit anyway.

That is one thing I do agree with and I'm looking to stop, not at new year as a resolution as I always break them though.

Edit to add - Kiwi fella hope they are all ok, and hope the telly is in fine working order :P

Edited by Cowanthebluenose

Does that work? A lot of teachers take it to try and keep the kids' bugs away. I might start taking it too.

It gives your immune system a wee boost. It worked for me last year, but totally forgot this year and I've had about 3 colds. I usually take it for about 3 months, stop for 3 then start again. Try it! :)

The tugboat tragedy. Three lost souls and at this time of year. Shocking. :( The ferry was disrupted this morning as Strathclyde's finest are pootering up and down the river looking for the bodies. Two big TV vans with satellite dishes reporting on it and the buses were all fucked up this morning. I stood waiting on my works bus in the freezing cold for 30 minutes but what have I got to complain about in comparison with the loss of life on the Clyde last night. What a shite start to the day! :( My thoughts go to all the family and relatives of the missing men.

The tugboat tragedy. Three lost souls and at this time of year. Shocking. :( The ferry was disrupted this morning as Strathclyde's finest are pootering up and down the river looking for the bodies. Two big TV vans with satellite dishes reporting on it and the buses were all fucked up this morning. I stood waiting on my works bus in the freezing cold for 30 minutes but what have I got to complain about in comparison with the loss of life on the Clyde last night. What a shite start to the day! :( My thoughts go to all the family and relatives of the missing men.

I didn't hear about this. I'm off for a look out the window to see if anyone floats past me.