Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Missus texted me to say she'd been driving in Glasgow earlier, made a lane mistake, waved to apologise profusely to the person and had to face some bloke going ape, screaming at her etc. Where do guys get off on thinking it's acceptable to scream and bawl at women (or other guys) in this situation? You wouldn't behave like that if you were in the street and someone stepped in front of you.  Like the Carragher thread, some folk just seem to turn into total dicks behind the wheel (yes, yes, whilst others are dicks all the time!). 

Sounds like she's needing some "comfort".

16 minutes ago, hk blues said:

This got me thinking.  In the shopping mall I go to, the right escalators go up and the left down.  Then again, they also drive on the right here so that backs up your point.

Or doesn't.

I think thats the thing.  Its natural to go to the left rather than the right.

Well here it is anyway. 

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Sounds like she's needing some "comfort".

That's probably why she was distracted in the first place.

Poor girl totally shaken up as she thought this guy was going to get out the car and batter her.  

Anyway, we've had enough Heads Gone so I won't post my true feelings! 

12 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

That's probably why she was distracted in the first place.

Poor girl totally shaken up as she thought this guy was going to get out the car and batter her.  

Anyway, we've had enough Heads Gone so I won't post my true feelings! 

In all seriousness though, have posted about this before but I cant get my head around the whole road rage thing. Really odd behaviour, but can turn quite sinister in scenarios like the above. Fucking shitebag. 

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Indeed.  Shitehawk behaviour from, most likely, a lower class buffoon. 

She said the person appeared to be quite respectable. Can't be too many of them skulking around Glasgow in the middle of the day. 

Missus texted me to say she'd been driving in Glasgow earlier, made a lane mistake, waved to apologise profusely to the person and had to face some bloke going ape, screaming at her etc. Where do guys get off on thinking it's acceptable to scream and bawl at women (or other guys) in this situation? You wouldn't behave like that if you were in the street and someone stepped in front of you.  Like the Carragher thread, some folk just seem to turn into total dicks behind the wheel (yes, yes, whilst others are dicks all the time!). 

Bloody women drivers!

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

She said the person appeared to be quite respectable. Can't be too many of them skulking around Glasgow in the middle of the day. 

Court appearance probably.  Probably Donald Finlay QC.  He must have a lot of pent up anger this week. 

59 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Not that I agree with the behaviour of the lad, especially if your wife apologised, but in fairness, if someone stepped in front of you in the street they're not putting you in risk of doing several thousands pounds of damage to your body. It's not really a comparable analogy.

Edited by Gaz

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Not that I agree with the behaviour of the lad, especially if your wife apologised, but in fairness, if someone stepped in front of you in the street they're not putting you in risk of doing several thousands pounds of damage to your body. It's not really a comparable analogy.

So it's okay in crawling traffic for a bloke to drive around and block in a single female to shout, scream and swear at her and put her in fear if he does not like the fact that female is stuck in the wrong lane and he doesn't want to let her in? You defeat your own argument by citing fiscal concern for your vehicle then saying it's okay to go ape behind the wheel putting other road users at risk. 

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

So it's okay in crawling traffic for a bloke to drive around and block in a single female to shout, scream and swear at her and put her in fear if he does not like the fact that female is stuck in the wrong lane and he doesn't want to let her in? You defeat your own argument by citing fiscal concern for your vehicle then saying it's okay to go ape behind the wheel putting other road users at risk. 

No. I've already said I think it was pretty low behaviour.

I'm simply saying that to compare it to someone walking in front of someone in a street isn't a fair analogy. There are far more potential consequences to a car getting cut up than a person.

If you can point out to me where I said it was okay for someone to go ape behind the wheel then please do.

38 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I agree with this. I’m not one to get angry in the car tbh, but it’s not comparable at all to someone cutting in front of you in the street as there’s no risk to your life/risk of thousands worth of damage. 

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I agree with this. I’m not one to get angry in the car tbh, but it’s not comparable at all to someone cutting in front of you in the street as there’s no risk to your life/risk of thousands worth of damage. 

Even still, whats the point in shouting and swearing and intimidating folk? What are you going to do, get out and assault them?

Increased risk is mitigated by mandatory training, laws of the road and insurance. You have no more right to abuse someone because you feel your property is at risk of accidental damage.

Maybe if a person was blatantly breaking the law and putting you at risk personally fair enough. Too many people seem to think that someone elses driving not being up to the standards you expect is grounds to shout and bawl at them. Not saying that any of this is what you are saying btw, just general points about road rage.

Shandons point most likely is that a lot of people who carry on like this wouldnt have the balls to do so up close and personal. He is of course correct on that. 

People who lose their temper over daft shite in the car need to have a real think about the situation they could end up putting themselves and their families in when they abuse the wrong person one day. 

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

People who lose their temper over daft shite in the car need to have a real think about the situation they could end up putting themselves and their families in when they abuse the wrong person one day. 

One word:

Kenneth Noye

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

No. I've already said I think it was pretty low behaviour.

I'm simply saying that to compare it to someone walking in front of someone in a street isn't a fair analogy. There are far more potential consequences to a car getting cut up than a person.

If you can point out to me where I said it was okay for someone to go ape behind the wheel then please do.

Just ignore me - was being a cranky b*****d!

46 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

She is English though....

To her credit she did tell him to f**k off in the end.

On 3/11/2018 at 19:01, Hedgecutter said:

Hopefully starring Teabagged tae f*** Girl.

"Oh ya f***er, eh'm on Peh & Bovril!"

What's this? I appear to be out of the loop on this one!