Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The gig ticket shop in Glasgow used to have big posters all over its window, letting you know what was on for the next 6 months or so.  Now they've gone all modern and have a feckin digital screen which shows you what's on next week...... so you wait 10 minutes to see the whole lot.  This is not progress.

9 hours ago, GordonD said:

A certain Thistle supporter once bought another one a pint but the pub shut before there was time to return the favour. A few days later they met in the street and Stocksie the first guy said, "Remember the pint I bought you on Saturday?"

"Well, yes, but I'm not going to the pub just now."

"In that case can I have the money instead?"

This is Edinburgh, though.  Probably standard behaviour.

14 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Was david moyes not the 1st manager to use football manager stats to scout players?

anyone else been watching Bodyguard ?

not usually one to ascribe much accuracy to interview room e-fit images, but has anyone ever seen Moyes and the mysterious Richard Longcross in the same room together, eh ?

image.png.50ca83414a11e986fcb47e5538bc9743.png

Edited by Herman Hessian

36 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The gig ticket shop in Glasgow used to have big posters all over its window, letting you know what was on for the next 6 months or so.  Now they've gone all modern and have a feckin digital screen which shows you what's on next week...... so you wait 10 minutes to see the whole lot.  This is not progress.

Spot on, I went to see if they were selling Dandy Warhols tickets today and normally I'd have a wee look at the list in the window and see if they they're were selling tickets or not. Went today and the list on the screen was at November. Would've spent my whole lunchbreak waiting for it to get to January.

For the record, they were selling tickets and I purchased two.

Was david moyes not the 1st manager to use football manager stats to scout players?
I think he did when he was at Everton
anyone else been watching Bodyguard ?
not usually one to ascribe much accuracy to interview room e-fit images, but has anyone ever seen Moyes and the mysterious Richard Longcross in the same room together, eh ?
Longcross must be the better looking twin

8 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Spot on, I went to see if they were selling Dandy Warhols tickets today and normally I'd have a wee look at the list in the window and see if they they're were selling tickets or not. Went today and the list on the screen was at November. Would've spent my whole lunchbreak waiting for it to get to January.

For the record, they were selling tickets and I purchased two.

Does Zia still whip her top off on stage?

Edited by Shandon Par

10 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Had a new cooker delivered today and not only do they not connect it, there isn't even a cable to do that even if you were daft enough to tackle it yourself.

5 minute job, buy some cable and hook it up. Electricity is all trial and error.

12 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Had a new cooker delivered today and not only do they not connect it, there isn't even a cable to do that even if you were daft enough to tackle it yourself.

Maybe the previous owner came home while they were "collecting it" and they didn't have time to get the cable as well.