Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

We cleaned the spare rooms completely, got a new mattress, cleaned the carpet, built a new wardrobe etc. etc. and I usually keep the kitchen spotless. Its just that the bathroom was somewhat neglected. :ph34r:

Ach, excuses, excuses. :P

My petty thing just now isn't even petty, it's draining and making me lose the will to live! Scott. Again. He's up at the top of the stairs screaming at me and refusing to sleep. He's been there ages. I'm two rooms away from the bottom of the stairs and can hear him clear as day. I honestly don't think there's anything more I can do - he either screams at me in my arms or screams at me from up there. :bairn

Ach, excuses, excuses. :P

My petty thing just now isn't even petty, it's draining and making me lose the will to live! Scott. Again. He's up at the top of the stairs screaming at me and refusing to sleep. He's been there ages. I'm two rooms away from the bottom of the stairs and can hear him clear as day. I honestly don't think there's anything more I can do - he either screams at me in my arms or screams at me from up there. :bairn

He'll tire himself out eventually. Robert was a master at guilt, rather than just screaming because he was tired and miserable. As soon as he could talk, he stopped screaming and just cried "Oh, Mummy. Oh, Mummy. Oh dear". Talk about tugging on the heartstrings. :(

Little sod would have been perfectly happy if I'd just gone and picked him up! :lol:

He'll tire himself out eventually. Robert was a master at guilt, rather than just screaming because he was tired and miserable. As soon as he could talk, he stopped screaming and just cried "Oh, Mummy. Oh, Mummy. Oh dear". Talk about tugging on the heartstrings. :(

Little sod would have been perfectly happy if I'd just gone and picked him up! :lol:

:lol: That made me feel a bit better. Thank you! At the moment I'm just getting "Mummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Mummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" in a wounded tone.

Actually - no I'm not!!! :o It's stopped! The noise has stopped! I need to go and calm myself down somehow from five hours of toddler temper being taken out on me - I'm supposed to be counselling people in four minutes' time. I fear a late start to my shift may be in order. It's only a short one anyway - just an hour, so I'm going to take the phone outside along with my daughter and check on the growth of our vegetables. It's gorgeous and sunny out there today so that should help. :)

Edited by HGG

I'm away to meet my girlfriend's parents for the first time and stay over at their house tonight and I'm bricking it.

Wish me luck.

Good luck, but might I respectfully suggest that bricking their house would not be a good first impression to make.

I'm away to meet my girlfriend's parents for the first time and stay over at their house tonight and I'm bricking it.

Wish me luck.

Good luck! I'm sure they will think you are charming!

Thats unfortunate, was it an accident, or an "accident"? :P

It was a genuine accident, honest!

Everyone's parents love me, they all think I'm a charming young man which I am when I put my mind to it :angel . However, I'm slightly worried I will not be able to look into the eyes of a man whose daughter I f**k up the ass.

I wonder if I will befall a series of awkward and embarassing yet hilarious scenarios?

I wonder if I will befall a series of awkward and embarassing yet hilarious scenarios?

Oh I do hope not - after all your build up on here, your loyal fanbase demands tales of humiliating yet amusing catastrophe! :D

Oh I do hope not - after all your build up on here, your loyal fanbase demands tales of humiliating yet amusing catastrophe! :D

I hope that I won't be able to provide any and that everything goes smoothly. She's a big girl (not in the Shakey sense :lol: ) so on the off chance her parents don't like me, they can f**k off, we are happy so we'll do what we like :D

I'm away this time, honest!

Guest MrMojoRisin

Injured backs that mean when you get back to work there are going to be a shit load of things to do and probably get rushed through them.

Guest The Phoenix
Good luck, but might I respectfully suggest that bricking their house would not be a good first impression to make.
:lol: :lol:

We should probably stop laughing at each other's posts, it's getting a bit gay.

:lol:

That might possibly be a good idea. :ph34r:

Just for clarity (and peace of mind) are you referring to the "stop laughing" or the "gay" bit as being a good idea? :unsure: