Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

And yet they still try to sneak in a service charge on your bill. Aye that's right I'll fling you an extra 15% despite doing all the work myself.  

Had that recently with my car insurance when I  changed  vehicle. Entered the new car details in my 'personal online portal', it calculated my new price which I was happy with so clicked proceed. 'Before proceeding please confirm you are happy to pay your updated price plus our standard £15 admin fee'. Fckng admin fee? I've just done it all myself ffs, no other human interaction or work needed ffs!! Dirty, chancing, robbing bassas!!

(According to their blurb this is actually a fantastic saving, because if you choose not to do all the work for them online and phone up to speak to an actual person the admin fee then jumps to £25. And they wonder why everyone is going tonto about extortionate increases to their policy prices this year).

The B&Q website. You search for something and it returns hundreds of results, but once you start looking 99% of the items are not available in store, only online (i.e. from their 'marketplace'). When I look for stuff on B&Q I'm only interested in stuff that I can pop into my local branch and get, and normally immediately rather than tomorrow or the next day. If I'm looking for marketplace stuff I'll go to Amazon.

As a conclusion to the virginmedia issues - not changing. I got an email saying if I renew now then my new contract would be £72. That's £5 cheaper than before and £30 cheaper than what the standard agent wanted me to renew at. Still includes Sky Movies which I wasn't too bothered about but a plus, and I didn't even need to phone retentions - another plus.

15 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

Everyone does,  but for some reason we've been sleep walking into this dystopian level of service.

It's the same as the poster that said phoning your broadband provider every 18 months pretending to leave. 

Everything is shit

Speak for yourself. 

An app doesn't turn up the second i've stuck o forkfull of steak in my mouth to ask if everything's alright with your meal sir and the self service till doesn't throw tins of beans at my eggs. 

People can f**k off. Cold, emotionless tech every time. 

Sitting in a pub and having lovely cold pints brought to you without moving an inch is tremendous. No waiting at the bar for the p***k in front of you to order 8 cocktails, no groups of wee fannies all paying for a WKD separately, just beautiful hops brought straight to your table with no hassle. A strange thing to be against, IMHO.

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Sitting in a pub and having lovely cold pints brought to you without moving an inch is tremendous. No waiting at the bar for the p***k in front of you to order 8 cocktails, no groups of wee fannies all paying for a WKD separately, just beautiful hops brought straight to your table with no hassle. A strange thing to be against, IMHO.

I used to be that guy in the pub that ordered online when the bar was heaving and laughing at the the poor sods at the bar. I get on good with the folk that work there and laughed when questioned why I do such a heinous crime and let on I just enjoy flirting with *(insert one of two waitresses names here)*.

The manager called me a fud and made sure he or one of the male bar staff would deliver my pots from there on out. 

I won the battle, the manager won the war.

Just sat on hold to HMRC for half an hour, to be told that it had come through to the wrong department ("not sure what's happened") and they couldn't transfer me so I had to hang up and start again 🤬

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I use the app to order from the table I am sitting at any time I am in Weatherspoons. Saves so much time and hassle.

The barcode apps are good if the service is quick, which is usually is in Wetherspoons. I hate the places who offer table service but then let you sit for 10 or 15 minutes before coming over to take an order.

On two separate occasions we've been in the Malmaison Dundee bar (not our choice) with a group of friends and it took them half an hour to bring our drinks over.

Just now, coprolite said:

Can adults go to Nandos? I thought it was for teenagers 

Its fine if you are wearing white trainers and grey cotton shorts.

And look a bit cheeky.

And chew with your gob wide open like a chimpanzee. 

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Its fine if you are wearing white trainers and grey cotton shorts.

And look a bit cheeky.

And chew with your gob wide open like a chimpanzee. 

I can't go in then. No way I'll pass as cheeky. Shame because my table manners are terrible. 

Another good thing about the Weatherspoons app is you can buy your mate a drink if you find out the Spoons they are in and the table number. Done this a few times to get them a drink for their birthday. 

2 minutes ago, Big Bobo said:

Another good thing about the Weatherspoons app is you can buy your mate a drink if you find out the Spoons they are in and the table number. Done this a few times to get them a drink for their birthday. 

Dundee, Table 6, double Glen McJockstrap please.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Big Bobo said:

Did you know JD Wetherspoon doesn’t exist, but Tim Martin just made up the name.

JD comes from JD Boss Hogg in Dukes of Hazzard and Wetherspoon is the surname of a teacher he hated who was tee total.

Apparently the teacher said he’d never do anything with his life.

Needless to say, TM had the last laugh 🤭 🍺

Edited by CarrbridgeSaintee