Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Phoned the doctor one hour ago, and was number 11 in the queue.

Now I am number 4. 

Life just ebbing away while I wait. 

Sounds like you need an ambulance, m9.

Not sure what the queue's like for them just now.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

Sounds like you need an ambulance, m9.

Not sure what the queue's like for them just now.

Not even phoning for myself, but my kid. 

I've been number 4 in the queue for about half an hour now. Either they're on a tea break or some coffin dodger is tying up the line with a long list of ailments and complaints. 

33 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Not even phoning for myself, but my kid. 

I've been number 4 in the queue for about half an hour now. Either they're on a tea break or some coffin dodger is tying up the line with a long list of ailments and complaints. 

Been there. Obviously you'd escalate if it was serious, but hopefully it's nothing too uncomfortable.

Being an NHS patient must be almost as bad as working within it now. Miserable state of affairs.

This is ridiculous now. 1 hour 50 in the queue. Number 3 in the queue. I've never had this before, and it's just ruining the afternoon. I can't work, not really, with one ear listening in case a human answers. 

3 hours ago, Big Bobo said:

Another good thing about the Weatherspoons app is you can buy your mate a drink if you find out the Spoons they are in and the table number. Done this a few times to get them a drink for their birthday. 

Real mates send bowls of peas and custard.

I dislike enormously online ordering apps as they are often poorly put together and tend not to allow from any deviation from what is standard on the menu. 

Also, for chains, they cater to the bars that will have everything in stock ie a city centre bar, whereas your local that is part of the same chain is highly unlikely to have 40 flavoured gins and 20 flavoured vodkas in stock just incase someone orders one once. Absolutely nothing wrong with just standing at a bar and ordering or if a place does take service, waiting for someone to take your order. 

Virgin Media and the lack of good alternatives that will supply my flat.

Having to go through the song and dance of cancellation in order to get some price that’s not a total rip-off. Doing my head in.

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Disturbing amount of people in this thread that choose to frequent Wetherspoons.

I must admit, I occasionally cave and buy a scampi and a pint for about nine quid.

You also get a decent score on your pedometer by simply going to the bog.

57 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Turns out their phone line had a fault. Drove in and made an appointment.

I can’t believe it took you that long to work it out. What did you think they were taking about?

Posted (edited)

Euthanasia not being legal on this shithole island*. 

My wife's nana (aye, whatever) has had dementia for about 5 years now. It was about 3 years ago she forgot who we all were and just over a year ago her husband couldn't manage anymore and she was placed in a home. A combination of malnutrition and a mass (which we assume is cancer) has resulted in her losing all her weight and being a walking skeleton. Until last Monday when she became bedridden and non responsive. She's been on a driver all week and how she's still here is absolutely remarkable. She's literally smelling of death now as well. How anyone can see this situation and disagree with euthanasia absolutely baffles and enrages me. 

Putting aside religious bullshit, how can anyone be against this? 

* Isle of Man excluded as they had the sense to legalise it. 

Edited by 19QOS19