Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My Dad and step-mother's beautiful pedigree Golden Labrador, Murphy, got put down tonight at the age of 15. His back legs finally collapsed and he couldn't get back up.

He used to grin at us when we visited, and when Callum was a toddler he used to follow him around lifting him up when he would fall. He was great.

My son cried. The wife cried. I cried.

post-4200-1214246742_thumb.jpg

post-4200-1214246764_thumb.jpg

Goodnight Murphy. Sleep well.

Edited by Monster

I just went up for a quick 18 holes by myself rather than sit on my arse at home, and went out in 4 over with a lost ball and back in 1 over.

Given that I play off 11, this might seem like a good thing (and it is indeed my best round by 4 clear strokes), but put me in a competition or put another living soul within a 3 hole radius and watch as my shots become as bent as a Michael Barrymore pool party.

(Far more trivial than the dug, which is a real shame.)

My Dad and step-mother's beautiful pedigree Golden Labrador, Murphy, got put down tonight at the age of 15. His back legs finally collapsed and he couldn't get back up.

post-4200-1214246742_thumb.jpg

post-4200-1214246764_thumb.jpg

That's exactly what happened to my dog Leo. Poor bugger.

I just went up for a quick 18 holes by myself rather than sit on my arse at home, and went out in 4 over with a lost ball and back in 1 over.

Given that I play off 11, this might seem like a good thing (and it is indeed my best round by 4 clear strokes), but put me in a competition or put another living soul within a 3 hole radius and watch as my shots become as bent as a Michael Barrymore pool party.

(Far more trivial than the dug, which is a real shame.)

Oi, gayboy, what's this I'm hearing about you not coming to the sevens?

It is damn near impossible to find summer work in Greenock.

The fact that it is currently summer-less may have been a flaw in an otherwise cunning plan. <_<

Edited by vikingTON

He used to grin at us when we visited, and when Callum was a toddler he used to follow him around lifting him up when he would fall. He was great.

My son cried. The wife cried. I cried.

Its very sad when a pet dies, commiserations. The Gray Ghosts pet dog went the same way at 20 or so when The Gray Ghost was 16, and he is still missed now.

Oi, gayboy, what's this I'm hearing about you not coming to the sevens?

Working all weekend, and given that I've asked for last weekend and this coming weekend off, I can't get another. I'd have loved to steered you to another Toilet Bowl, but duty calls.

Working all weekend, and given that I've asked for last weekend and this coming weekend off, I can't get another. I'd have loved to steered you to another Toilet Bowl, but duty calls.

You weren't getting a game. You were going to be there to taste some Kangaroo for my amusement.