Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Feel they really need to spend some serious (probably HS2 levels) cash on upgrades to the network, 15 years of austerity really biting.

Doesn't seem to be any reason to suspend the fife circle, been in the yellow warning all day but pretty normal levels of autumnal rail.

Aye the infrastructure is seriously in need of upgrading, Im sure someone told me that NR had something like a 30 year backlog just on lineside foliage clearance alone! Continual rain is kind of alright but it's one off deluges that it really can't cope with so I guess maybe there's some concerns around the fife circle as there are some particularly tricky sections around there . ( tbf any excuse to limit the movements in or out of fife are probably encouraged 😉)

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The times when you feel you have to stretch your neck muscles in a certain way multiple times in an hour.

I think you should get that checked out., as it's not a common complaint unless you're 85 or older tbh. 

18 minutes ago, virginton said:

I think you should get that checked out., as it's not a common complaint unless you're 85 or older tbh. 

Ah, shit. Just feels like it needs a stretch every so often, otherwise I'd be firing my head around like D'Lo Brown.

10 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Americans pronouncing mirror annoys me more than it should, mir was a fucking space station.

Oh, absolutely this. Whenever they refer to a Mir on the wall I expect to see a Revell plastic model hanging there.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What the fck is this new fad about driving or being a passenger, and having an arm hanging out with your hand on the roof? 

Seeing loads of people doing that this year. Wtf? Morons. It's neither cool nor comfortable. 

I don't let people touch the window controls in my car. 

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What the fck is this new fad about driving or being a passenger, and having an arm hanging out with your hand on the roof? 

Seeing loads of people doing that this year. Wtf? Morons. It's neither cool nor comfortable. 

Had never noticed this before then seen it at least a half dozen times this week , usually accompanied by absolute c*ntish behaviour.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Seems to have reared its ugly head again.  De rigueur a few decades back.

Don’t know what the rules are where you are but it’s illegal here and in other parts of Australia.

South Australians who dangle limbs out of car windows face a penalty of $205 and three demerit points. In addition, a $94 Victims of Crime levy brings the total fine to $299.

What the fck is new fad about driving or being a passenger, and having an arm hanging out with your hand on the roof? 

Guy I was an apprentice was doing this whilst a passenger in a car being driven by someone who'd been drinking. Car clipped a roundabout at speed and flipped , at which point the fellas instinct was to hold on. Ended up a few fingers short. Not a good idea.

sounds like something from TV in the 70s 80s e.g Starsky and Hutch or Dukes of Hazzard