Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

In general, banks will give you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to small (in relative terms) amounts of money as its not worth the time and effort to investigate. Unless it's clear as day what's happened or you're ripping the piss and putting through claims for things constantly, they'll normally pay out as a one off 

On 12/12/2023 at 22:07, 19QOS19 said:

fuckwit pedestrians walking down the middle of a roads

Almost all retail parks fail to provide any pavement or marked area for pedestrians other than along the front of the shops, I never get why seeing as people need to walk around, but you are almost always safer being in the road a bit for when Sandra or Bert have driven into their bay out of laziness and end up reversing into you because they didn't check their blind spots.

Where I am the cash is dispensed first and the machine bleeps like f**k until you withdraw it and then you get your card back only once the cash flap closes.  I'm not sure it would be possible to walk away without taking your cash unless you were really trying.

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

Almost all retail parks fail to provide any pavement or marked area for pedestrians other than along the front of the shops, I never get why seeing as people need to walk around, but you are almost always safer being in the road a bit for when Sandra or Bert have driven into their bay out of laziness and end up reversing into you because they didn't check their blind spots.

Haw, I don't even drive 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Aye but the folk who are the morons are the ones who walk on the road parallel to the pavement outside the shops you mention. Braindead. There's a good few zebra crossings in the one in Dumfries as well tbh. 

23 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Taking stuff to the dump - today I needed to register online, book a slot, and then explain to the guy at the gate what I had with me. A year ago you'd just rock up and do it all yourself. 

We have Civic Amenity Recycling Facilities...

F**king step on light switches! Damn thing is non-standard, so there’s no easy replacement parts (plus the power cords in the U.S. are integral), and it’s taken to not latching in the on position about 60%+ of the time. This morning I had to “tap” it five times, while wiggling my foot, to get it to finally lock on/lit. It’s behind a side table, so not super easy for a normal turn switch. The damn outlet is switched, but the builder installed the switch in the most moronic location (and it’s a rental, no rewiring it). Anyone have a punch to activate switch?

On 12/12/2023 at 06:59, jimbaxters said:

You're right, it is a very Italian thing (along with them firmly believing that you can catch a cold if you go outside with wet hair or if you have been sweating). However, I was referring to British colleagues cutting about a heated school with massive scarves on.

I'm sure someone on here said recently an Italian guy at his work was off sick cause he'd caught a cold walking on a marble floor in thin trainers.

1 hour ago, stimpy said:

Got a letter from the Doc to book my yearly bloods and when I phoned the guy said there was a cancellation tomorrow at 1pm. Couldn't do it because work. Next available appointment, 23rd Jan. 

You’ll kick yourself if you die before then. Joking aside. Can you not get a wee break from work for an extended lunch? 

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

F**king step on light switches! Damn thing is non-standard, so there’s no easy replacement parts (plus the power cords in the U.S. are integral), and it’s taken to not latching in the on position about 60%+ of the time. This morning I had to “tap” it five times, while wiggling my foot, to get it to finally lock on/lit. It’s behind a side table, so not super easy for a normal turn switch. The damn outlet is switched, but the builder installed the switch in the most moronic location (and it’s a rental, no rewiring it). Anyone have a punch to activate switch?

Why would you want a foot operated light switch unless you had a very specific disability? Also placing it in the corner just seems daft, surely the only place should be by the door to get into the room

21 minutes ago, 101 said:

Why would you want a foot operated light switch unless you had a very specific disability? Also placing it in the corner just seems daft, surely the only place should be by the door to get into the room

The lamp is a torchiere style, so I’d love a high switch because that would be easy to use, but it is what I got in the settlement (and I really don’t want to waste money replacing a mostly working lamp). The switch that controls the outlet is in a useless spot, the actual foot switch isn’t rebuildable as parts aren’t available, and I can’t retrofit a higher/more convenient switch. The floor plan here is compromised by a long, thin layout.

Edited by TxRover

1/ can confirm Starling do as @Bert Raccoon says. £100 on its way to me by Christmas's. Phreee Munnay.

2/ on the lamp discussion. I decided last night that landing strips at the airport are cool AF at night and when my lottery win (or faree Starling money) hits my account then the lighting in the house is all going on the floor. No more reaching up to change lighbulbs.

everythings coming up milhouse GIF

Yes, I do realise if the house does intact become Milhouse I shall have a major problem on my hands but I shall only worry about this if I decide to move to Brechin.