Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Mrs Mullarkey this morning "right im going to do some of christmas food shopping this morning"

"have you written a list of what we need?"

"No its fine"

"well dont bother me as Im busy"

1 hour later, 5 whatsapps "do we need goose fat, have we got tins of prunes, did you get butter the other day"

Phone off. 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

"oh the bags are too heavy, can you come and pick me up"

My Mrs calls me for a lift home from work most Saturdays because "I have stuff to carry" which is usually a carrier bag from the Co-op.

Her work is 400 yards from the house.

8 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

My Mrs calls me for a lift home from work most Saturdays because "I have stuff to carry" which is usually a carrier bag from the Co-op.

Opportunity, laddie…send the following at 3 minute intervals…

“Right, I’ll get changed and be right down”

”Sorry, decided I didn’t like that top with those trousers and had to change”

”The top didn’t match my complexion, I had to find another”

”I got to the car and then realized I’d forgotten my wallet”

”I was backing out and saw the neighbour wearing the same outfit as me, so I had to go back and change again”

See how long before she walks home….you'll be in deep s**t, but you won’t have moved from the seat.

Meanwhile, a real problem:

I just got my Christmas present early; a portable wafer-thin flatscreen monitor, so I can pimp about with it and my laptop and set up a dual-screen environment for work* wherever I go. I get it unpacked and ready to use, and my fucking laptop commits seppuku before I get to plug the new screen in. Just sitting on the desk doing nothing** only to crash hard and refuse to boot. So now I've got a lovely new screen and f**k all to plug into it. Merry fucking Christmas.

* fine, watching two jazz videos at the same time.
** fine, playing two jazz videos at the same time.

Our street's cardboard/paper recycling bins get emptied on Friday. The protocol is to put them out before 6am on the day of collection but most people put them out late the night before. 

Stupid neighbours have put their bin out 24 hours before it needs to be. In strong winds. 

16 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Didn't she take the hint after you told her to f**k off the 1st time? 

19 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Say OK, wander up, take the bag and say lets walk, I  couldn't find the car keys.