Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, sparky88 said:

People saying 'give him his flowers'. It's the worst thing in modern life 

I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever heard this. In what situation would someone say such a thing? 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever heard this. In what situation would someone say such a thing? 

It’s kinda like ‘give him some props’ as far as I can tell. So if the goalscorer was getting interviewed post-game he might say ‘yeah, the winger put it right on my head, give him his flowers’ or similar. 

On 13/09/2024 at 18:14, 'WellDel said:

Tapping folk money must be one of the most common issues fraught with the potential of lost money/relationships. As the lender you're doing a good thing in helping someone out, but on so many occasions end up like the villain for asking for it back. No idea how some folks minds work, but portraying someone as a cvnt for wanting back what is rightfully theirs and what they've lent you in good faith seems to be all to common a theme.

I've had numerous instances of 'lending' a close friend or family member a couple of quid on the understanding that there is no repayment required, simply helping out someone in need when in a position to do so. However, folk ripping the piss and trying to take advantage causes all sorts of unnecessary shit. I've got one guy who was part of an extended friend's group who I lent £20 quid who to this day, on the rare occasion our paths now cross, says to me without fail every time "I've still that score to give you". The original loan was circa 1996 when we were young drink and eccy fueled dafties. I think I've very long since written it off, so why keep mentioning it nearly 30 years after the fact ffs. Used to really like him but now just does my tits in lol.

Ask him for a loan of £20 and don't give him it back.

Made mashed potato yesterday. I must have made this thousands and thousands of times. 

Spuds from Asda - don't normally shop there but gave it a go. 

Anyway, everything done as I always do it. And over the course of 20 minutes or so, the spuds just dissolved. I ended up with enough solid spuds for a single portion of mash, and a lot of stuff that was like wallpaper paste. Literally poured it away. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Made mashed potato yesterday. I must have made this thousands and thousands of times. 

Anyway, everything done as I always do it. And over the course of 20 minutes or so, the spuds just dissolved. I ended up with enough solid spuds for a single portion of mash, and a lot of stuff that was like wallpaper paste. Literally poured it away. 

Looks like instead of getting King Edward potatoes you got the Huw Edward variety which behaves quite differently when landed in hot water.

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

IMG_2604.gif.1077b015c20cdead7a1c2431352c0c7f.gif