Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix
I'm 3 posts off the 3 million........:P

Rowan - it feels like you (and P&B) are experiencing the gestation period akin to that of an Elephant.

Just when can we expect the wait to be over so we can all enter into the spirit and have one almighty collective P&B Push? :unsure:

Rowan - it feels like you (and P&B) are experiencing the gestation period akin to that of an Elephant.

Just when can we expect the wait to be over so we can all enter into the spirit and have one almighty collective P&B Push? :unsure:

8.5 weeks, plus however late I am!

Budget cuts, recruitment freezes, spending limited. Happens every fucking year, but is no easier to deal with.

Why are accountants such wankers? You get a budget, and you work like f**k to stick at it. But then they do a 4 + 8 reforecast, basically looking at your performance for the first four months, and adjust your budget for the remaining 8. So if you've worked like f**k to beat budget in the first four months, you're screwed right down. Whereas if you haven't bothered your arse, you get a generous budget.

Next year, I shall be blowing the budget for the first four months, f**k this. :angry:

Accountants are here to make sure all you fuckers don't overspend, it wouldn't be that if you didn't get your bonus now would it?! :P

I'm free! ;):rolleyes::lol:

I thought you had to pay them... :P

Accountants are here to make sure all you fuckers don't overspend, it wouldn't be that if you didn't get your bonus now would it?! :P

It's flawed, because everyone will overspend next year initially in order to get a more generous budget, when if they budgeted properly we'd have a better chance of hitting the targets. :angry:

Bonus is already fucked. Arse has fallen out the market. :(

It's flawed, because everyone will overspend next year initially in order to get a more generous budget, when if they budgeted properly we'd have a better chance of hitting the targets. :angry:

Bonus is already fucked. Arse has fallen out the market. :(

That all depends if the accountants are any good, folk overspending shouldn't necessarily mean they get a more generous budget later on. If it was me they had to convince I'd fucking put them all on a much lower budget but then I'm just awkward that way. :P

Ach just spend what you like then and don't worry about it.

Why is it that if you were to break a bottle in say, a pub or a cafe, it would break into 5 or 6 pieces, but if you break a bottle on the back seat of your car it shatters into 18 million tiny, tiny fragments. Also, why is it that despite being sunny all day, it starts raining the very instant you plug the hoover in and take it outside?

Motorbikers :angry::angry:

We get all these adverts about how we have to respect and watch out for these b*****ds but they are the most infuriating, ignorant folk on the road when they start making overtaking moves and putting everybody else's lifes at risk

That thing when they jump queues of stationary traffic gets on my nerves as well and although they are in their rights to do it, I long for the day when a driver in a queue realises his door isn't shut right and opens it so he can shut it right, just as 'Barry Sheene' draws level with him!

Why is it that if you were to break a bottle in say, a pub or a cafe, it would break into 5 or 6 pieces, but if you break a bottle on the back seat of your car it shatters into 18 million tiny, tiny fragments. Also, why is it that despite being sunny all day, it starts raining the very instant you plug the hoover in and take it outside?

How did you break a bottle on the back seat of your car? :huh:

Motorbikers :angry::angry:

We get all these adverts about how we have to respect and watch out for these b*****ds but they are the most infuriating, ignorant folk on the road when they start making overtaking moves and putting everybody else's lifes at risk

That thing when they jump queues of stationary traffic gets on my nerves as well and although they are in their rights to do it, I long for the day when a driver in a queue realises his door isn't shut right and opens it so he can shut it right, just as 'Barry Sheene' draws level with him!

A couple of years ago the wife and I were going to Glencoe for a wedding. All the way up the Fort William road bikers were screaming past us on blind bends, taking ridiculous risks and endangering theselves and everyone else on the road.

After an hour or so of this, we drove past a biker lying bleeding on the road, his bike in the ditch trashed, and although it makes me sad to say now, we did a right old GIRFUY at him instead of sympathising. :(

A couple of years ago the wife and I were going to Glencoe for a wedding. All the way up the Fort William road bikers were screaming past us on blind bends, taking ridiculous risks and endangering theselves and everyone else on the road.

After an hour or so of this, we drove past a biker lying bleeding on the road, his bike in the ditch trashed, and although it makes me sad to say now, we did a right old GIRFUY at him instead of sympathising. :(

:o

That's shocking!

Dirty biker f**k

Edited by Half A Person

How did you break a bottle on the back seat of your car? :huh:

A bit of stupidity. :ph34r:

I have had a crate of Bulmers sitting in the front of my car for weeks, and have been too lazy to move it. Tonight I gave a mate a lift home, and when he got to the car, I reached in, grabbed the box, and lobbed it into the back seat. Astonishingly enough, it shattered into millions of pieces.

I hoovered it and wiped the seats down, but I have a horrible feeling that my car is going to stink of cider from now on. This could make things awkward if I am stopped by the police.

In other nags, I have the cold something awful and feel terrible. :(