Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix
I think that Silver and Bronze medals should be cancelled too. Who wants to wear a constant reminder that someone is better than you around their neck?
"James Kenny has won the silver medal."

No, he hasn't. He lost. He's lost and been given a silver medal.

Bloody Fifers. :angry:;)

Being an Olympian Silver Medallist is something to aspire to.

I once got 7 Silver Medals at the Scottish Civil Service Athletics Championships and I went home as proud as punch, not as a broken man because somebody had beaten me on seven separate occasions.

For the record the Events were 100m, 200m, 400m hurdles, Long Jump, 3000m Walk (I got beat by a Postman in that one :lol: ), 4x100m Relay and the Medlay Relay (2 x200, 1x400 and 1x800).

It's a memory I can look back on with great clarity, even if it was 30+ years ago.

Nae luck, fella! :(

It seems to have gone off now. Hopefully it stays off until half past five! I have some painkillers as well so hopefully my back will get a bit better :cheersupslightly:

Bloody Fifers. :angry:;)

Being an Olympian Silver Medallist is something to aspire to.

I once got 7 Silver Medals at the Scottish Civil Service Athletics Championships and I went home as proud as punch, not as a broken man because somebody had beaten me on seven separate occasions.

For the record the Events were 100m, 200m, 400m hurdles, Long Jump, 3000m Walk (I got beat by a Postman in that one :lol: ), 4x100m Relay and the Medlay Relay (2 x200, 1x400 and 1x800).

It's a memory I can look back on with great clarity, even if it was 30+ years ago.

Seven silvers? Was there an athletic behemoth in the 70's civil service that swept the board?

Fucking wasps! There has been one buzzing around for ages in here, and Im too soft to kill it, Ive just been trying to ignore it. However, I was watching a video on my computer, and I looked round to see a wasp advancing and about 3 inches away from me, so I took action.

In a powerful display of manliness, I threw myself sideways off the chair and screamed. Unfortunately, I was still wearing the headphones, which are now broken. :(

Fucking wasps! There has been one buzzing around for ages in here, and Im too soft to kill it, Ive just been trying to ignore it. However, I was watching a video on my computer, and I looked round to see a wasp advancing and about 3 inches away from me, so I took action.

In a powerful display of manliness, I threw myself sideways off the chair and screamed. Unfortunately, I was still wearing the headphones, which are now broken. :(

Lighter + Deoderant can.

A short, sharp burst may not kill the fucker, but it will take the wings right off. Thus it loses it's main advantage over cowardly big jessies like yourself.

HTH :)

Lighter + Deoderant can.

A short, sharp burst may not kill the fucker, but it will take the wings right off. Thus it loses it's main advantage over cowardly big jessies like yourself.

Im too soft for that though. Earlier on I had it sitting on a windowsill, and I had a newspaper rolled up in one hand, and a 700 page reference book in the other, but I just couldnt hurt the poor wee mite. :ph34r:

:lol: You're the coolest cat in town.

Last week, I was in Greggs (this is my second Greggs-related Wasp story in the last few days), and this wee fat woman was in the queue ahead of me, shouting at her two wee children, who weren't screaming the place down or running about the place - I've seen kids behaving a lot worse.

"Scott, get down from there! Stop climbing on things!"

"No, Susie, you can't have a yum-yum, start behaving or you're for it!"

"SHUT UP SCOTT!"

Then the wasp appears... and she went mental. In the middle of Greggs, she's half crouched down with her arms out (like someone with no balance on a tightrope) screaming about this wasp. Understandably, the kids went a bit crazy, thinking "Mum's gone mad, this can't be good" and she starts roaring at them "THIS ISN'T F-ING FUNNY SCOTT, YOU'LL GET BITTEN AND IT'LL HURT YOU"

I think HGG's wee laddie is called Scott, but I'd like to make it clear that it wasn't her.

Edited by Dunc

It seems to have gone off now. Hopefully it stays off until half past five! I have some painkillers as well so hopefully my back will get a bit better :cheersupslightly:

It went off about halfway up the road. It's actually a bit brighter now! :)

Chris Boyle is the ref for our game at Stirling on Saturday. :(

He's the worst in the senior game. :(

Dear God I feel your pain after his farce a couple of weeks back at Broadwood.

ETA for cider-induced rant 23rd Aug 2025.

Guest The Phoenix
Seven silvers? Was there an athletic behemoth in the 70's civil service that swept the board?

:lol:

Nope - just a ringer in the sprint events that shouldn't have been there at all - he was a pro runner who won what was then the Powderhall Sprint and who just happened to work in the old DHSS.

Guest The Phoenix
Still bitter, eh?

:P

:lol:

Nah, met him a few years back and he's fat and can barely walk the length of himself, let alone run 100 metres. :D

I burst the strings on a squash racket this evening and also burst a ball. A good evenings work. I got a new Prince racket for half price at the weekend though so all is not lost. I just liked the other one better and I had the grip built up to suit my big hands. :(

Played for two hours there. It must be the hardest workout you can do exercise wise. My playing partner goes to the gym four or five times a week and is fit, but he is always totally fucked after playing squash.

I burst the strings on a squash racket this evening and also burst a ball. A good evenings work. I got a new Prince racket for half price at the weekend though so all is not lost. I just liked the other one better and I had the grip built up to suit my big hands. :(

Played for two hours there. It must be the hardest workout you can do exercise wise. My playing partner goes to the gym four or five times a week and is fit, but he is always totally fucked after playing squash.

Squash is a game that, weirdly, I've never played. A guy at my work was at me to play. Trouble is, he's built like a tank and plays often. I really don't want to be humiliated Is it hard to pick up? I'm good at badminton and tennis, likes.