Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Yeah the one we went into wasn't that clean,though no screaming kids. :P

You get these teething rings that you put in the fridge for when the baby is teething,try tesco or boots. Boots Teething Clicky

Can't find anything on the tesco website though.

I have teething rings but he won't use them.

Magic boobs? Can they turn the milk into wine? :bag

Vodka

righto, my rant for the day.

My younger foster brother moved over when Mum did, on the 2nd January. He's found it difficult to get a job, but he started last week at the local supermarket stacking shelves. I said coming over would be a bad move, as he has to go home in a year, plus he has nothing to go home to as his brother wants he hee haw to do with him. Better to set him up before she left imo.

He's a bit of a hash head, who only thinks about cars and bebo, and TBH, my mum has mollycuddled him from day one (he's 21). He does 7 hour shifts on the computer when he's off work, which has been with the exception of last week, since he got here.

Anyhoo, I finished a 16 hour overtime shift at 7.00 this morning, and then proceded to run Ms Kiwi into her work. When I got back, I asked my mum 'do you want me to wake him?'. This is at 9.00am, he starts at 10.00.

'No I will do it' replies mum who then goes on the computer to look at houses.

He wasn't up by 10.20, when I heard Mum say 'oh shite, he's not up yet'.

Not bad for your second week.

Back to the broadband. We get 10 gigs of use before it slows down. I downloaded Life on Mars a few weeks back (total 4 gigs), Mum went apeshit at me, as it slowed it right down as it went over 10 gigs. So I came off the main computer (I have my own wireless broadband), and started to monitor the useage.

Between Mum and wee bro, they are using 1.5 gigs per day, no wonder the useage was high.

The thing is though, me and the missus are paying for half of the total rent, and most of the bills. Wee bro and Mum are not paying for anything. Im being taken for a ride.

I'd leave tomorrow, but seeing I went into a rental agreement with my dad for a year, it would seriously leave him financially in the shit. He's still paying for the mortgage on the house in Kelty back home, and serious dough for the rental here.

Mum in the meantime is looking at $500k houses to move into, in the most expensive estate, in one of the most expensive places to live in NZ.

:angry:

Recently I have been spending a lot, mainly on food and drink. And it looks like I will, for the first time, go into my overdraft. Being a 2nd year this is quite good for a student but I like to think I am quite careful with my money, which I have not been these past few weeks. :(

The internet company that handles Oasis merchandise (amongst others) has gone bankrupt. This means I may not get the special edition of Falling Down CD, 7", 12" singles (with three special badges :lol: ) that I ordered.

It's only £6, but.... :bairn

As for you, kiwififer, I know what your real problem is: you're too bloody nice!

Your mum and dad's finances are not your worry, neither is your foster brothers lifestyle! Calm down! ;)

Story of my life mate. Trying to do the good thing, helping out the family and all that, but it's taking a toll on my sanity.

Mum now wants me to move to Tauranga, where she is moving to 'in case of an emergency and we need to get in touch quick'. Read - try to control my life.

'I've been living for the past year and a half 12k miles away from you' was the reply.

'Well I'll move to fecking Australia if it keeps you happy'. Cue door being taken off the hinges.

You can pick yer mates... <_<

righto, my rant for the day.

Ranty rant rant.

:angry:

Bit more rant.

Having had more than the odd family-related rant on here, I sympathise. The conscience is a real pain in the arse sometimes isn't it!?

Edit: Don't go signing any more leases or anything else! Let the buggers fend for themselves. :D

Edited by HGG

Well, I'm away to meet Ms Kiwi for lunch now, the sun is shining and I'm going to the pub quiz tonight. So in with anger, out with love and breathe.......

At the end of the day, it is only temp, I do love my mum, it's just I can't live with her that's all.

And yes, over 4k posts, yet to have a single warning, so that makes me officially nice. Nowt wrong with that, treat people how you want to be treated yourself and all that stuff.

Do I win a toffee apple or something btw?

Well, I'm away to meet Ms Kiwi for lunch now, the sun is shining and I'm going to the pub quiz tonight. So in with anger, out with love and breathe.......

At the end of the day, it is only temp, I do love my mum, it's just I can't live with her that's all.

And yes, over 4k posts, yet to have a single warning, so that makes me officially nice. Nowt wrong with that, treat people how you want to be treated yourself and all that stuff.

Things are always better after the pub quiz.

:D

Never mind getting in touch quick, if there is an emergency back home my parents can contact me within seconds and I can be back home within 12 hours.

Hamilton or Auckland to Tauranga is hardly the other side of the world.

Do what's best for you.

:D

Story of my life mate. Trying to do the good thing, helping out the family and all that, but it's taking a toll on my sanity.

Mum now wants me to move to Tauranga, where she is moving to 'in case of an emergency and we need to get in touch quick'. Read - try to control my life.

'I've been living for the past year and a half 12k miles away from you' was the reply.

'Well I'll move to fecking Australia if it keeps you happy'. Cue door being taken off the hinges.

Yeah. When we moved to Ayrshire my mother-in-law said to ayrgirl: "That's him got you 70 miles away from me then!"

She clearly doesn't know her daughter very well if she thinks I or anyone else can get her to do anything she doesn't want to.... :lol:

Not necessarily - I have 20,000 posts and have never had a warning, and I'm an obnoxious bawbag. :D

Edited by Monster

Not necessarily - I have 20,000 posts and have never had a warning, and I'm an obnoxious bawbag. :D

I am apparently deliberately controversial, and definately a gobshite, and I've only ever had one warning (and that was back in 2004? and on purpose). B)