N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Knowing the luck of the Leafs they still won't get close to getting McDavid even if they do tank :P

I know the tank has been pretty good but Buffalo just take being shit to a whole new level, hoping for some decent picks anyway in a pretty strong draft!

Trades ahoy!? Sharks go for fourth liners and penalty killing forwards. Yay.

I'm going to miss Ben Smith on the Blackhawks, quite a character :(

We did well getting Vermette though, he should definitely help us get to at least the Western conference finals this year, which is when Kane comes back from injury :thumsup2 Looks very promising now

Put on my annual Stanley Cup bets yesterday, a little later than I usually do. You can still get the league leading NYR at 14/1 with William Hill, an absolute steal. Plumped for the LA Kings at 20/1 in the West for interest, if they manage to get the Canucks in the first round they will beat them unfortunately, and I think they've got what it takes to outlast Anaheim too.

The Leafs really are making this attempt at tanking obvious aren't they? Have lost 6-3 to Calgary, 4-1 to Vancouver, and are now down 4-0 to Edmonton in the battle of the diddy teams after only 13 minutes! All in the last 4 days too

Just as I post they score, may as well not make it too obvious eh?

Edited by maplewell

Montreal to win it for me. Pittsburgh with golden boy fit and on form would have a serious chance. Would normally say don't write off the Wings, but too much to do.

St Louis can't be ignored, but serious lack of post season experience.

A lot of the big Western teams this year are scraping by with a huge amount of SO wins, the Canucks are actually only one ROW behind the Western Conference lead, which is a good 4 behind NYR even when NYR have played 3 games less than Anaheim. There are some good deep teams in the West, but it will be such a grind to get out of that I think this might be the year the East takes it.

If Anaheim kept the big guns fit, they might have a chance. I think it'll be someone strange that wins it this year. maybe even the form team in the league, Ottawa! Ridiculous run to get themselves in playoff contention. The Hamburglar will run out of gas eventually though :(