N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Let's not count out the Canucks just yet!

No way the draft lottery is fixed, Edmonton is probably the worst winner possible for the NHL, a middle of the road, solid market without the massive fanbase (and associated income) that TML winning it would have brought, or without turning a poor franchise (Buffalo, Arizona) into a vaguely interesting one.

For what it's worth, I think McDavid can more or less single handedly turn the Oilers round. They just became a more attractive proposition for free agents and guys with NTCs, and should be able to move some of their forward talent for some decent defence. Dubnyk this year has proved that it's the D in Edmonton that is the serious issue. No way McDavid moves.

Tyler Johnson already scored some big goals in the playoffs for the Lightning. Hope for a couple more tomorrow.

Meh! Think that's the Red Wings chance gone. Despite it being 2-2 in games the Lighting have been the better team by some margin . We had no right winning that first game.

5-0 in the regular season so hoping to advance here to the conference final. Been awful in the play-off games so far (i've only watched highlights) so really need to improve.

Girlfriends sister and brother in law who we usually go to Florida with are leaving on Sunday and hoping to get to the game next Saturday, not very happy they're getting to go!

Offt Tampa pump Montreal 6-2

Watched the first period then went to bed. Was all montreal in the 1st, Tampa scored on what was effectively a 6 minute power play. First time in the play offs the lightning have taken advantage of power plays . 2-0 in the series with 2 home games to come this week. As i said earlier, 5-0 against them in the regular season so I was pretty confident of this one.

Bolts PP was dynamite last night and Stamkos got the monkey off his back with a goal. The change in the Habs fans in a week has been comical - Major seethe on my FB & twitter timelines

The "fair play to Sens for being such good sports over bad calls" has changed to major rage over blown offside etc

Hawks stars did the business last night
Nit picking id like to see them being more clinical but scored when needed and Crawford stepped up with a big performance

Hawks through in 4 although it did get a bit "squeaky bum" at the end
Chance to rest up and see how Flames cope with Ducks

On the other side Habs came out and got the job done early
Bolts almost made a game of it early in the 3rd but the 6th killed that stone dead

Big game in Montreal on Sat

3-0 against the Rangers in the Regular Season. 15-7 aggregate score, here's hoping for some more of that. We were at the Lightning Opening game this season and my girlfriend said the other opening game she was at Lightning one the Stanley Cup. She's still saying she's a lucky charm.