N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Delighted to see the Kings drop out and we'll done the Jets

On the other side would be nice to loose one of Pens or Bruins

The Hamburgler with another shutout against the Rangers last night means the Bruins are now on the outside looking in :lol:

Cracking night of action last night

Hawks had an awful 1st period - 3 goals down, Crawford pulled and Kane looking like me on the ice (understandably rusty)
2nd period was ours though as we tied up the game and looked much more solid (Kane picking up 2A)
Darling took over in nets and excelled after having very little to do early on.

I gave up after the 3rd but Dunc won it in double OT (almost 4hrs after face-off)

Great to take home advantage away straight away - its gonna be a close one.

Fucking Edmonton get McDavid, what an anti-climax!

I found it quite hilarious to watch, personally

You can only hope now that they try to do something with the pick to get the team even vaguely balanced coinciding with a complete overhaul of the management - but since the season ended there's several teams that have begun cleaning house who haven't been nearly as incompetent in recent history as the Oilers, so god knows what's going to happen.

Surely they cant not pick-up McDavid though.

Trade Eberle or Hall maybe to balance out the team but no way do you IMO give up on McDavid no matter the price.

Honestly, if the Avalanche had won the lottery I would have wanted them to start a bidding war for the pick. It would have improved the team as a whole much better than trading some combination of Duchene/O'Reilly/whoever to get a competent defenseman or two. For the Oilers... who knows. Guys like Eberle and RNH probably still have decent enough value so they could get something, but...

Even when they have McDavid I expect them to still be shite

... it's all quite redundant given there doesn't seem to be any management change coming. If they're expecting this boy on his own to turn them into a winner, then, the idea of him having a career was nice while it lasted, I guess.

Sweep for the Ducks. Would favour them against Calgary easily, they haven't won in Anaheim for something silly like a decade, we'll see what happens, though. Hiller will certainly be up for some revenge.