N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

• 2 weeks later...

Phaneuf to the Sens in a 9 player trade, they take his whole $7million salary!

Works for both teams. Sens got rid of some really bad contracts and pick up a D man who can play on our 2nd line. Yes, he's expensive, but we aren't a cap team.

Not an NHL fan, so can anyone tell me what to expect from the Rangers and the Flyers? Going to see them on Sunday!

Been to 2 NHL games, both involved The Rangers (in Ottawa and Tampa). They are a great team, look out for players like Nash and Del Zotto. Best player on the ice might be a Flyer though, look out for Giroux and Voracek, or even their young rookie Gostisbehere who is having some season. Should be brilliant!

At least 1 fight

2 in fact. Both inside the first minute.

Also was a bit concerned at the fact the only black guy was constantly being booed, until I found out he had laid out the Rangers captain in the previous game!

Decent game, although like all American sports, it could easily have been done a bit quicker.

2 in fact. Both inside the first minute.

Also was a bit concerned at the fact the only black guy was constantly being booed, until I found out he had laid out the Rangers captain in the previous game!

Decent game, although like all American sports, it could easily have been done a bit quicker.

It's hard to define hockey and an American sport when their national team is ranked 5th in the world!

Caps are having some season...honestly can't see them being a legitimate contender for the cup though, think more physical teams will bully them out of the playoffs

Also, last night Jagr surpassed Howe for 3rd on the all time list behind Gretzky and Messier...some achievement for a guy in his late 40s :lol:

Still only managed 1 game this season despite staying 15 minutes away from the Calgary arena...the Flames are pish anyway and I'm a Boston follower, so that was the game I went to!

• 3 weeks later...

Super Saturday getting the most out of my gamecentre / NHL.tv sub. Started at Half 5 with Wings @ Rangers, Now a derby with pens @ Flyers which has been end to end stuff and my Ducks @ Avs at half 10. Expect LA to get the win to get the division but hope we can better their result to take it to the final game on Sunday but main thing is to avoid injuries.